Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?

Go down 
+10
Paul T
mc
Big Time Bum
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
MJG196
Loose1969
Nadja
JW82
sweet_sixteen
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:01 am

yeh, thats it! i forgot, thanks G, i knew it was one of the roadies or obscure 'secondary stooges' lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:06 am

"Secondary Stooges"?!

"Secondary Stooges"?!

"Secondary Stooges"?!

"Secondary Stooges"?!

"Secondary Stooges"?!

Yes, yes he was.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:22 am

i didnt know what else to call them, and i liked the idea of different classes cossa ron's interest in the army n all

spoe they were only roadies
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:45 am

mc wrote:
is it fuckin' Groundhog day here or what?

nobody said you had to join in Razz

I know it's irritating Twisted Evil but I would really love a definitive answer to this. I'm genuinely amazed that people seem to even barely consider the possibility that it's Scott, I must have totally defective eyesight (comforting thought).

and that guy's maybe Dave? Suicide this just gets better

Ok, it's Cheatham. How nice to have a picture of him. I ALWAYS wondered what he looked like.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Can someone post some clear pics of the lesser Stooges: Cheatham, Zettner, Recca, Sheff, Thurston etc.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:27 pm

mc wrote:
Can someone post some clear pics of the lesser Stooges: Cheatham, Zettner, Recca, Sheff, Thurston etc.

haha, I sure would like to meet the person who could do that Tongue
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Bob Sheff was never, to my knowledge, photographed with the Stooges. Although he was at the Ford Theater, he was sitting some way form the band and didn't appear in any photos! l the others are, I think, in the OU&B book... altho I'm not totally sure about TOmmy Zettner. (the best photos of Billy and Zeke are by Leee childers). You can see Bob with the Prime Movers in the book, and also him, today, here:

http://www.trynka.net/Site/NewYork.html
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:38 pm

Nadja wrote:
Ok, it's Cheatham. How nice to have a picture of him. I ALWAYS wondered what he looked like.

No, Cheatham wore glasses. Hes often confused with Ron in photos.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 pm

That pic AIN"T Zeke, or Cheatham... Recca had dark hair but I don't think it's him, also Iggy looked different by that time. Other words, I don't think it's a Stooge.

I can only vaguely remember that photo session, I think Iggy has a teddy bear or something? If I saw more from the session I mgith be able to say for definite.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:38 pm

i think i have another one from that, it has dave on iggys right or somethin like that
Back to top Go down
Paul T

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:45 pm

yes, I think I've seen that one - it was used in MOJO and they misidentified Dave or Scott. But if Dave was in he same session then it ain't Recca. Course, it's always possible that avatar shot is simply dark, that the dude on the right has brown hair... and is therefore DAve...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 pm

yeh that the one paul

couldnt believe they mislabelled it when i saw it lol

dunno if its dave though, ill check for that magazine, think its the oe with white stripes on the cover in blue, some article about them in brazil, theres an iggy interview in it with a great photo with his hand half over his face
Back to top Go down
mikel

mikel

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:48 pm

That guy on the right is Jimmy Recca, the pic is from same sessions as the pic on the back sleeve of "Rubber Legs".
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:50 am

I can confirm that is Jimmy Recca. I was not at the photo shoot but I absolutely positively know what Jimmy Recca looks like.
Back to top Go down
Ale

Ale

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 am

Wow! This conversation went from "What if Dave hadn't been fired?" to who is the person next to Iggy on the cover of Fun House. To me it looks a like Ron Asheton.

Sorry for commenting here years later, though at the time I did't know The Stooges. Hadn't even discovered the good music. I'm glad I played Yellow Submarine out of curiosity. It brought me into the world of Classic Rock and that's how I eventually found out about The Stooges.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Topic is closed because it's too old and shouldn't have been resurrected.

Start a new threat if you feel the need to.

PostSubject: Re: What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?   What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if Iggy had never fired Dave Alexander?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2