Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges stuff stolen!

Go down 
+20
x2
popmansam
MJG196
Funhouse
Borntohula
G, F#, E
zenta138
napalm_cheetah
Nadja
sweet_sixteen
Angusyd van Hyman
mc
adams66
sheddy
heavy liquid
Agalloch
Loose1969
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
cb
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:29 am

Chazz Avery wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
Radio isn't gonna touch the Stooges regardless.
Actually, the Detroit station 89X (which, for those out-of-towners, is basically standard "alternative rock") frequently plays The Stooges and/or Iggy. I hear "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "Search And Destroy" quite often. I've heard "Down On The Street" and "TV Eye" a time or two over the years. Also, both Skull Ring and Weirdness stuff. Tons of Iggy solo stuff, too (usually the singles off each album).

There is also WDET, a college station in Detroit (101.9), which has since basically turned to talk radio, used to play a LOT of Stooges. I think I even heard "LA Blues" once. For those of you in the area, who might know the station, losing the music on this station was like losing an old friend. For me, in my area, this was the ONLY! radio station. It had the most eclectic playlist I've ever heard. I haven't been the same since.

That's cool, but that's Detroit...so that's not surprising. I'm talkin' about nationwide... pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:06 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Why did you choose to finally be tactful when Def Leppard NEED to be insulted?! You couldn't have picked a worse time!

oh well, if you want me to be vitriolic... Twisted Evil

maybe I should go over to that old thread I created about 'uncool songs ' and pan them there.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Nadja wrote:
oh well, if you want me to be vitriolic... Twisted Evil

Stop discombobulating me...yeah I can use complicated words to Twisted Evil

Nadja wrote:
maybe I should go over to that old thread I created about 'uncool songs ' and pan them there.

No not "uncool songs" just "crap songs". I'd be happy to help with the list. Very Happy Music is all about opinion...just try to be arrogant and enough of an ass to force people to have the same opinion Wink
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm

I'll leave the 'crap' list to you GF#E Razz
Back to top Go down
Parry The Wind High, Low

Parry The Wind High, Low

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Chazz Avery wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
Radio isn't gonna touch the Stooges regardless.
Actually, the Detroit station 89X (which, for those out-of-towners, is basically standard "alternative rock") frequently plays The Stooges and/or Iggy. I hear "I Wanna Be Your Dog" and "Search And Destroy" quite often. I've heard "Down On The Street" and "TV Eye" a time or two over the years. Also, both Skull Ring and Weirdness stuff. Tons of Iggy solo stuff, too (usually the singles off each album).

There is also WDET, a college station in Detroit (101.9), which has since basically turned to talk radio, used to play a LOT of Stooges. I think I even heard "LA Blues" once. For those of you in the area, who might know the station, losing the music on this station was like losing an old friend. For me, in my area, this was the ONLY! radio station. It had the most eclectic playlist I've ever heard. I haven't been the same since.

The only Stooges song I've heard played on the radio is No Fun. Pretty sure it was Virgin Classic Rock. Either that or Virgin Extreme.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:49 pm

thats a pity about the equipment, not least because of the expense (i read it was $20,000 worth!) but because of the senitmental reason

they can hardly sell the stuff, it was probly some crazy stooge fan or something

still a pity
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Watt on CBC about the equipment theft   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:45 am

Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:06 am

cb wrote:
Watt on CBC about the equipment theft:

http://search.icq.com/search/selected_video.php?id=213640365

cb
http://iggypop.org

Thanks for that!

Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks Cathy, good to hear Mike speak, sounds nothin like i thought he would too! its weird, because of his 'dog' ook with the whole handle bar n all i thought he'd be more gruff, but he was just a normal guy - ironically, unlike a lot of men of that age, the moustache doesnt age him, it usually ages men, i saw him in something about gutars, and he was clean shaven and looked about 65!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:21 pm

I sense a facial hair thread starting...
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I sense a facial hair thread starting...

lol, yeh

well mike has a handle bar, ron has a goatee, scott had a beard, and iggy even had that goatee/beard thing in the 90s!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Iggywa10
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:50 pm

hahaha

very cool zin!

looks like the police picked up a couple of drunken hobos and locked them up for vagrancy, but they let them go cause they were such good fun, lol
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Hahahah Check this one out

Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Out06610

DAMN ! Nina sure is smokin' !
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:21 pm

yeh ano, well done iggy!

does anyone know how old she is?

oh btw, i cant remember where i heard it but iggy said recently theyre to be married soon, i think he just meant theyll be thinking baout marrying not that theyve set a date

but it would be something to see, iggys wedding!

nice photo
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Hahaha, imagin Iggy in a tux. haaha I seen him in like a pink one once.

But Iggy getting wed would be pretty funny to see

I wonder what his wedding vows would be ?

... On that other hand, I can't blame him !
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:45 pm

yeh ano, gotta seal that deal! tho theyve been goin for so long, almost 10years or something isnt it? or like 7 or 8 i think so it ws gunna happen

always thought iggy was a part of that kinda unwed thing, i was guna do it myself, like johnansen, i dont think he's married nor sylvain sylvain - they have 'life partners" - not men btw, as my dad was astounded to hear lol
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm

lol yeah, I think they met in 2000

In the Pizza parlor

Listen to End of christiany he's basically telling the story in that song Smile

cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 pm

that would be ig's 3th wedding!!!!!!
oh man...hope he'll arrange it well for himself..
(we call it something like a cold-agreement)
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:09 pm

he's nice and well off now, so itll probly be a big huge think, maybe news worthy...well maybe not

iggys got simple tastes so itll probly be something small, i dunno, altho this one will hopefully be the last
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/OceansofBliss
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Wow, I saw Nina right behind him Smile

She really must love him alot Smile

Since she's with him at EVERY one of his show's since 01... i think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 am

Nice link Steve!!!

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Wow, I saw Nina right behind him Smile

She really must love him alot Smile

Since she's with him at EVERY one of his show's since 01... i think
what minute did you see her JLTS..i can't find? yeah guess that isn't always easy to be there...with Iggy all the time.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:47 am

Hahaha, imagin Iggy in a tux.

He should wear a tux and transparent trousers. Bowie or Ron should be the best man Laughing

I wonder what his wedding vows would be ?

"You are my peanut butter"
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:44 pm

http://www.spinner.com/2008/09/10/r-e-m-latest-victims-of-instrument-theft/

R.E.M. guitarist Peter Buck is the latest rocker victimized by instrument theft as his signature black Rickenbacker 360 was lifted after the band's performance at the Finnair Stadium in Helsinki on Tuesday night. Following a disturbing trend, artists like Iggy Pop and Anthrax have also been victimized in recent weeks.

"This instrument means a great deal to Peter and to R.E.M.," a band spokesperson says. "It is our sincere hope that whoever is responsible for the loss, or whoever has information which can help recover the guitar, will come forward to receive a generous reward, no questions asked."

"This is Peter's infamous signature Rick, which has been a staple of Peter's arsenal both live and in the studio since the band released ' Chronic Town ' in 1982," a post explains on REMHQ.com. Fans are urged to email fanclub@remtour.com or call (001) 707 3536689 with any information on the whereabouts of the instrument.

Buck was a key figure in the resurgence of the Rickenbacker brand in the early in the 1980s. It was originally made popular by the Beatles and the Byrds, and, subsequently, by the likes of Tom Petty, the Jam's Paul Weller and the Smiths' Johnny Marr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges stuff stolen!   Stooges stuff stolen! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges stuff stolen!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3