Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges live footage, more complete list?

Go down 
+19
adams66
totenkopf
freemind
CASHUS45
trailerborn
G, F#, E
Petrie Terrace
soldier
tompa67
citizensmurf
StoogesForever69
neven
Nadja
Stranger09
Funhousehideaway#2
Rode Hard
Iguanas
mc
pernil
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Stooges live footage, more complete list? Empty
PostSubject: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:58 pm

I think this is a later version of the footage list I posted yesterday. I'm digging up things from my old computer. Per Nilsen

The Stooges film/video footage
Updated 27 May 2003

There is precious little Stooges footage in circulation. The total duration of the footage listed here is barely 25 minutes. More material undoubtedly exists but it remains uncirculated. For example, it is known that the Stooges’ Chicago Pop Festival appearance at the Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, on 29 December 1969 was filmed by a team of underground Chicago filmmakers.

Much of the footage listed below has been included in documentaries on Iggy, the major ones being Lust For Life (Dutch TV, 1986), La Rage du Vivre (French TV, 1999), Dancing In The Streets (BBC, 1999), and Behind The Music (VH1, 1999). However, most of the December 31st 1973 footage has never been shown.

July 1969: “Delta Pops Festival”: University Center, Community College, Delta
• 4:09 mins.
• Colour picture
• Dubbed sound (not the Stooges)
Shot by Leni Sinclair, this footage is made up of three different sequences from the concert. One sequence shows Iggy onstage, wearing brown leather trousers and a shirt. He dives onto the microphone stand. Another scene is of Iggy going out into the audience to lift up a girl. The next scene finds Iggy getting back onstage and waving goodbye to the audience. Ron Asheton is playing a Gibson Flying V guitar.

Unknown 1969 concert (1)
• 1:55 mins.
• Black and white picture
• Dubbed sound
This shows Iggy in a white t-shirt. At one point, he sits down at the edge of the stage. Another clip is of him jumping into the crowd. The sound is dubbed but it’s questionable whether it is the Stooges.

Unknown 1969 concert (2)
• 1:29 mins.
• Dubbed sound (“No Fun” from album)
This appears to be from mid-1969. It shows Iggy dancing wildly, arms in the air. At another point, he assumes a crouching position, covering his face with his hands. The film also has close-up footage of Dave Alexander and his bass guitar as well as some shots of Scott Asheton behind his drums. The source is a 1969 US TV report on rock music, Panorama, broadcast on 20 November 1969.

Circa March 1970: Saginaw
• 0:24 mins.
• Colour picture
• Silent
This shows Iggy with silver gloves and blue jeans. He is dancing amongst the crowd and does a microphone stage dive. Two excerpts were included in VH1’s Behind The Music on Iggy and the Stooges. Five seconds appear early in the show as the announcer says, “His music is loud, his in-your-face attitude is rebellious….” Then later a longer 19-second clip is shown as Scott Asheton says, “He covered his face with baby oil, took hands full of glitter and threw it into his face,” and “I Got A Right” begins.

13 June 1970: “Cincinnati Summer Pop Festival”: Crosley Field, Cincinnati
• 4:33 mins.
• Colour picture
• Live sound: “1970”/“TV Eye”
This, the most well-known live footage of the Stooges, shows Iggy’s famous walk amongst the crowd at the Cincinnati Summer Pop Festival.

8 August 1970: “Goose Lake International Music Festival”: Goose Lake Park, Jackson
• 2:19 mins.
• Colour picture
• Live sound: “1970”
The footage, which is marked “For preview only,” starts with Iggy bouncing off the floor after doing a back-bend. He dances across the stage before he starts to sing. The footage starts from the beginning of “1970.” The live sound is rather tinny and thin.

Unknown 1973 concert
• 0:11 mins.
• Colour picture
• Silent
This is very brief footage of the Raw Power-era Stooges. Most likely, it is from the Detroit “comeback” show at the Ford Auditorium, 27 March 1973.

31 December 1973: Academy of Music, New York
• 9:00 mins.
• Colour picture
• Silent
This footage was shot by Ivan Kral from the seventh row, using a super 8mm camera. The footage is excellent, close and steady, focusing on Iggy but also with some shots of James Williamson. At one point, Iggy is in the crowd, very close to Kral. Short excerpts have been included in some documentaries on Iggy (and Kral), but the footage has never been shown in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:33 pm

I've only seen the Ivan Kral footage as B/W and wrongly listed as from 72.

When I recently sent an email to Ivan's website asking where I could find his footage ie. what documentaries it had been shown in, I got this reply:

"Hello Rupert,

Thanks for your inquiry regarding vintage Iggy footage. We're
currently going through several boxes discovering additional unseen footage of Iggy, along with more hidden "punk" gems. Please let me know specifics and intended usage. Then, we'll go on a search mission to get your needs filled quickly.

Ivan said to say hello, and he appreciates your interest.

Cindy"
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Anyone have any idea what the footage (Man from Sweden) this trader is talking about, it sounds interesting:

"Hi Rupert, I have a DVD that compiled Stooges old stuff and you can see a man from Sweden that filmed a complete show of Stooges in 8mm. You can see this man talking about how he filmed but no more dates, you can see his face and his camera and extracts of his "shots"

Also there amore stuff you can find if you contact with the Detroit Film Academy. They have archives of 8mm films of the Stooges.

Here's his trade list: http://www.freewebs.com/almudeno69/

Maybe one of you collectors who has some interesting Iggy stuff can trade and see what this is. I don't have anything he's after.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:25 am

mc wrote:

Maybe one of you collectors who has some interesting Iggy stuff can trade and see what this is. I don't have anything he's after.

What interests you from his list?
I traded with him a few times.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:06 am

This:

"We're currently going through several boxes discovering additional unseen footage of Iggy, along with more hidden "punk" gems."

Edited most of this because we already covered it elsewhere. Doh.

Last edited by Rode Hard on Mon May 11, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:35 am

Seems to me they're pulling a lot of stuff off of You Tube. In this sense the internet is changing, freebies are becoming a thing of the past. I used to love the record store in my town, now it's gone. The newspaper is ready to go under. This is where things are at. If you want something you are going to have to pay for it. Man I hope the record store opens again.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Iguanas wrote:
mc wrote:

Sorry to hijack the discussion, and for the immense cheek of it, but if anyone's sorting out any trades with the big collectors, yes I know...it may seem sad to ask about Iggy solo gigs when primetime Stooges is being discussed...but if anyone can maybe let any of the items in my sig seep into the more common collectors market I'd be *so* grateful! Smile

like I said sorry for going off at a tangent and being a bit cheeky.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
Love this. It's on BTM. And Youtube JW82 posted it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgF-_e2Xj8s&feature=related

Unknown 1969 concert (2)
This appears to be from mid-1969. It shows Iggy dancing wildly, arms in the air. At another point, he assumes a crouching position, covering his face with his hands. The film also has close-up footage of Dave Alexander and his bass guitar as well as some shots of Scott Asheton behind his drums. The source is a 1969 US TV report on rock music, Panorama, broadcast on 20 November 1969.

Rode Hard, I just noticed last night on JW's thread that this footage has now been removed, and almost immediately you posted the link again.
Doesn't anyone read what I post on here ... well OK I don't blame 'em Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:07 pm

Sorry, there's ALOT that goes up here I never read. And I check in here at least a couple times a week. Seems to me the same subjects get posted all over in every forum. Nearly everytime I find something to post about it's already up here. And if I don't pour over every topic in every forum I pile on to the confusion and post MORE of the same someplace else like alot of other people do. I finally figured out how to delete my own posts and I do that with most of them. I deleted most of what I put above just for you. I think the confusion happens because posters all have different ideas of what goes where. Every subject goes off topic too ... just like I'm doing now. What IS this topic about? I'll have to go back and find out. ha Having said that I think anybody that derails a topic by PERNIL, NITEBOB, PAUL TRYNKA, ADAMS66 or any of those guys should be banned! Guess the best thing to do is ignore MY posts. Should cut down on alot of confusion. Is that confusing?

scratch geek :wacko:
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:40 pm

[quote="Nadja"][quote="Rode Hard"]Love this. It's on BTM. And Youtube JW82 posted it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgF-_e2Xj8s&feature=related

Unknown 1969 concert (2)

.[/quote
THIS FOOTAGE WAS SHOT ON 8MM.BY LENI SICLAIR,IT HAS BEEN IN A FEW DOCUMENTARIES;BACKSTAGE PASS(CLEVELAND 1980)LUST FOR LIFE(DUTCH TV1986
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Iguanas wrote:
mc wrote:

Well the video that looks interesting to me is the thing that he says was recorded by the Swedish Man. I think it must be:
(V)STOOGES rare 8mm. Footage 10’(106) NTSC or in
(V)STOOGES-Compilation 2: NEW!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:29 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
I finally figured out how to delete my own posts and I do that with most of them. :

haha, Rode I've deleted lots of my own posts but I still have nearly 2000. Which is sad, but then all I ever do is spout a lot of nonsense about the Stooges' debut album and Ron's guitar playing and Dave's, well, everything else.
Sorry. I can't help myself on this forum. But this is probably one of those posts I'll delete as it serves no purpose...watch this space!!!!!!
drunken
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:53 pm

mc wrote:

Well the video that looks interesting to me is the thing that he says was recorded by the Swedish Man. I think it must be:
(V)STOOGES rare 8mm. Footage 10’(106) NTSC or in

This is my DVD. I burned this DVD specially for him. You can see info about clips on my page.

(V)STOOGES rare 8mm. Footage 10’(106) NTSC
He sent me this video. It is a combination of 3 video clips:
00-00-1969 Iggy with white shirt + Delta Pop with dubbed live sound (b/w)
00-07-1969 University Center, Community College (Delta Pops Festival)
00-00-1969 Unknown concert (This shows Iggy in a white t-shirt)
Old VHS copy, black and white, little longer than my first versions.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 1:05 am

OK so I guess nothing unseen there then. But what does he mean by Swedish man talking about his film with shots in the background? - Do you know what this is?

His English is pretty bad so I couldn't find this out from him.
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:38 am

someone should find these footage and put them together into a dvd or something =]
Back to top Go down
citizensmurf

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:39 am

Anyone know who used to run the Stoogeland website

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/thestooges/pages/main.htm

It's been defunct for a while now, but at one time it had a wealth of Stooges info, including what I thought were a bunch of screenshots of various shows (73-74). They could have been pics, but from my recollection they most certainly looked like film. For example, the cover of the last disc in the Heavy Liquid box. It almost looks like it came from 16mm film. Anyone have anything further to add.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:39 pm

I have one clip from 1973 filmed from left side of the stage. It´s in B&W. Sounds like original sound, Raw Power. It just says Iggy & The Stooges live 1973. Anybody who knows where it is from?
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:42 pm

is it the fake one ? very bad quality ?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 pm

tompa67 wrote:
I have one clip from 1973 filmed from left side of the stage. It´s in B&W. Sounds like original sound, Raw Power. It just says Iggy & The Stooges live 1973. Anybody who knows where it is from?

Can you post it, if it's the fake one I haven't seen that in years - Rock n Roll Suicide wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Does anyone know exactly what this contains? ...

http://www.researchvideo.com/footage-libraries/leni-sinclair-films.html

Is there more than the generally circulated footage?

Thanks.

Paul
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 am

Think Stoogeswise it's just Delta Pops.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 am

From what I heard there is considerably more footage from Saginaw, its supposed to be around 20 to 30 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 am

Filmed by Leni though?
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:23 am

Leni Sinclair's place burnt down years ago. Any footage not yet seen probably went up in smoke.

I think the Michigan scene is pretty much tapped-out. Maybe collectors should start rattling more trees in, say, Los Angeles.

Fowley and Bingemheimer are sitting on footage (see the 'Mayor of Sunset Strip' documentary - quick snippet of Iggy at Rodney's)

Howzabout Dick Clark? In the 'I'm just a growing boy...' interview Clark does with Iggy ('73?) Ig says at one point "I like that camera".

With the music industry in the tank, I'm hoping to see a lot more archival footage to be released. Seems easy and relatively profitable.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:44 am

I hear what you're saying re the fire, but the still on the page doesn't look like it's from Delta Pops, unless I need to go and watch it again. ( Actually, the still doesn't even look particularly Stooges era to me right now, so maybe I need to go and get some sleep, haha )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges live footage, more complete list?   Stooges live footage, more complete list? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges live footage, more complete list?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next