Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action new Stooges

Go down 
+51
comaman
popmansam
regufr
dorianmode
Rode Hard
Blitzkid
sheddy
dtklamf
Rob Gallucci
people
theclarkness
jerrythebarman
Funhousehideaway#2
nick
Aku
mark
Stranger09
ggriffin
effectfreak
Donald
cb
larry fine
citizensmurf
sweet_sixteen
TeddyB1018
neven
trailerborn
Garageman
Loose1969
iggy-fan
Borntohula
Shakes
heavy liquid
TED
Iguanas
napalm_cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
pernil
Nitebob
soldier
Luzern
JW82
the5thramone37
dynamite boogie
Monger
23rd Express
adams66
Nadja
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:24 am

think its just a thousand, theres amock of the cover that should be up on site soon
cheers
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:05 pm

This is awesome news!!!

I wonder if we'll get to hear the "You people make me sick..." *barf* sequence from one of the Electric Circus gigs as recalled by Dee Dee Ramone and others.

Also looking forward to a complete version of the awesome 'See Me Dancing' that isn't cut short by Iggy's mike splitting open Ron's head (see the Factory gig).

If this song is in fact the legendary 'Nigger Man', I hope the liner notes will attempt to highlight the early 70's Detroit context of the phrase - i.e. the goofy 'white nigger' thing as espoused by John Sinclair, Lester Bangs, Patti Smith etc. George Clinton and Eddie Hazel would've kicked all of their asses were it anything else.

Not to be greedy, but I'm hoping to see the Birmingham MI, Atlanta & Ugano's stuff also before the economy collapses and a pandemic hits. I'll need something to listen to while dodging roving bands of Mohican'd bikers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:46 pm

I think "See Me Dancing" might be "Big Time Bum", but I'm not sure. Per
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Cool. Given your comparison to 'Gimmie Some Skin' I may have drawn the wrong conclusion. Did'nt mean to piss on such a happy event, but I've met enough Detroit skinheads who rank the Stooges right up there with Skrewdriver that I did'nt want those bozos getting any more ammo. I'm sure the good folks at Easy Action know what they are doing.

I hope 1,000 copies is enough. 3'000 copies of the Funhouse box went pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:18 am

Yeah, I hope there's like 3,000....

WHAT IF I MISSED OUT ? Sad I would be a wreck for a long time... I better keep my ass near this PC !
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:37 am

How many copies of "Heavy Liquid" were pressed?

It's good to have a limited edition of something, but only 1,000 copies means a lot of Stooges fans around the world will miss out on what's set to be a brilliant release. That's not so good!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:43 am

Yeah 1000, isn't much at all. I hope they don't take advantage of that and sell them for a 100 quid. I was really hoping for a "Heavy Liquid" price.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:06 am

Well if the price is unbelievable I won't be able to get it Sad

But hopefully it's all price well Smile
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:32 am

heavy liquid had 5000 pressed i think

yeh i guess 1000 isnt much, and it better not be alot of money, although i'd beg, borrow and steal from everywhere just to get this release, but yeh i was hoping for a heavy liquid price too

i dont think it will sell out immediately or anything, its not complete funhouse, that was an amazing set, this looks to be good too but i can see why complete funhouse sold out so quickly its an amazing document of one of the best albums ever created, this will be, most likely, decent quality live songs from a time when they werent recorded properly and from no offical album, so i dont think, outside of us or other stoogephiles, that it'll be a must buy for alot of people
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:11 am

I guess I won't think much about trying to get this. There's bound to be at least 1000 other Stooges fans out there that are both luckier and less lazier than me. I'll just wait till it becomes freely available online, or something.
Anyway, I guess I'll wait for the official release date FIRST of all.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:24 am

hopefully they will no copy encode the discs... so people can't save them to their PC's... we don't want people sharing these ! We want people supporting the labels!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:01 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
hopefully they will no copy encode the discs... so people can't save them to their PC's... we don't want people sharing these ! We want people supporting the labels!

Completly disagree! With only a 1000 of these pressed Easy Action will have no problem selling these. I was unlucky to not got into The Stooges till after "1970: The Complete Fun House Sessions" had sold out. Now "Fun House" is undoubtably my favourite album of all time and I am glad I can listen to the sessions since people have uploaded it. This means Rhino made all the money they expected to but other people who weren't able to get a copy (like me) can now listen to it. I think the same with this release.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:07 am

Okay, then I hope no one shares it untill they've sold out at least... ya know...
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:05 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:

Completly disagree! With only a 1000 of these pressed Easy Action will have no problem selling these. I was unlucky to not got into The Stooges till after "1970: The Complete Fun House Sessions" had sold out. Now "Fun House" is undoubtably my favourite album of all time and I am glad I can listen to the sessions since people have uploaded it. This means Rhino made all the money they expected to but other people who weren't able to get a copy (like me) can now listen to it. I think the same with this release.

Since the Complete Fun House is now available on Amazon I expect you'll be buying legal downloads now. Perhaps all the Easy Action stuff will be available as legal downloads sometime.

There were only 1000 of the 1977 set but they are still available from Amazon.

DON'T PANIC!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:49 pm

I hope everyone on this board who wants it will be buying a copy and supporting Easy Action so they can hunt down new stuff for us.
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:53 pm

ive been, as im sure the majority of people on here, have been waiting for this for a year now. without a doubt im buying a copy!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:39 pm

stooges1971.com has been upadted from the picture

Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Picture3-12

Stooges 1971
Housed in an incredible Japanese custom designed hardback set which includes reproduction ticket and polaroids of completely unseen backstage photos culled from a private archive.
We are taking orders now but would ask subscribers to bear with us as production on this deluxe lavish set is going to take a little longer than normal but we are confident that we should be able to fulfill all orders by the end of june

i tried the link, it isnt working yet, i was hoping they'd show what it looks like, even a mockup, this set keeps sounding better and better, it seems like it might match complete funhouse in terms of one of the best stooges boxsets out there, cant wait!
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:17 pm

Well there is a mock face of the front panel
as i said the tix done, poloroids done.
Cd onbody faces done , so hopefully no oter interuptions and i'll have it proofed to go.
LES
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:41 am

Links working now! Only 30 quid :O

I think I might marry Easy Action.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:43 am

The Easy Action site doesn't seem to have any new info on this. Is the Stooges1971.com site a part of Easy Action? I can't wait for this release.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:52 am

I LOVE EASYACTION!!!! AND I LOVE THE STOOGES, possibly more so easyaction atm!!

i cant believe this set will be released, two electric circus gigs and never before seen photos, this is amazing

as soon as the buy now link is working im buying it!, i really wany this set!
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:17 pm

OMFG!!! It will be worth every fucking penny.

"13 May Northport High School, Long Island, NY [Cancelled by the authorities of the school because they were afraid of Iggy's antics.]" Laughing

Edit: It's 38 years ago, since the first The Electric Circus gig, today.
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:47 am

Didn't know the 71 tour had so many gigs.
Thought it was just a handful.
Good thing Per got those dates, there are more than I thought.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:28 pm

stooges1971.com should be up and running VERY SOON!

cb
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:29 am

the "More Info" section seems to have disappeared...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action new Stooges
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next