Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action new Stooges

Go down 
+51
comaman
popmansam
regufr
dorianmode
Rode Hard
Blitzkid
sheddy
dtklamf
Rob Gallucci
people
theclarkness
jerrythebarman
Funhousehideaway#2
nick
Aku
mark
Stranger09
ggriffin
effectfreak
Donald
cb
larry fine
citizensmurf
sweet_sixteen
TeddyB1018
neven
trailerborn
Garageman
Loose1969
iggy-fan
Borntohula
Shakes
heavy liquid
TED
Iguanas
napalm_cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
pernil
Nitebob
soldier
Luzern
JW82
the5thramone37
dynamite boogie
Monger
23rd Express
adams66
Nadja
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:19 pm

Well I'm looking forward to the MC5/Primal Scream DVD. It was a great gig. I hope it's a good recording.
Back to top Go down
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Hey Folks,

Just found this forum today through a link on Dennis Thompson's blog-WOW ! The possibility of unheard '71 audio or an upgrade of the existing show (Factory/Kiel Auditorium-which is it actually ?) is something that, like everybody else here, I've been hoping for for years (actually, decades). As well, of course, as the King's Cross gig (always just assumed it wasn't recorded), any footage at all (besides the very brief clips from Ivan Kral) of the Raw Power-era band, etc. etc.

I'm gonna spend the rest of the afternoon reading through all the other threads but in the mean time, what's the story with the Ungano's show ? I keep reading on here that Easy Action lost out on it but are there more details ? Ever since I read of it's existence in the Trynka bio I've been salivating at the thought.....
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Easy Action Stooges "You don't want my name, you want my action" is a 4 CD set, the pictures all scannned and in place, the coloured poloroids are done, cd faces all artworked and in place, just som e loose bits to tie up. I did the WHere the faces shine Vol 1 box and a handfull of T.Rex things so its taking shape. Didnt help when Pinnacle and some others went belly up - then you have to find distributors etc etc
LES aka the Clarkness
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:29 pm

great to hear from you Les, and thanks for WTFS!

is "You Dont Want My Name, You Want My Number" the name of the boxset like WTFS? if so, great title!

getting very excited about this now!!

HJW
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Sweeeeeet!
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:58 pm

WooHoo
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:05 am

cheers oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...Very Happy:D:D

Cannot wait! Very Happy:D:D

Thanks The Clarkness!
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:08 am

whats the content on the 4 cd's? are you aloud to release that stuff?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:12 am

I'm guessing, the "Saint Louis Adolecent Nightmare" gig, the gig without Iggy and James ("What's You Gonna Do?", "Ron's Jam") and 2 other 71 gigs Smile
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:36 am

No, I'd guess Vanity Ballroom (13 April 1971), 2 x Electric Circus (14-15 May 1971), and the St. Louis (actually St. Charles) gig, see my earlier posts somewhere. Amazing stuff! Per
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:25 am

any clues on a release date?
Back to top Go down
pernil

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:37 am

Don't know anything about release date, I'm sorry. Per
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:51 am

Vanity Ballroom would be the best, their first show back after a 4 month break. Outstanding if it is so. Man I cannot wait for this this release.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:03 am

has anyone actually heard any of this stuff? clues on quality?
Back to top Go down
pernil

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Quality is good enough for me Very Happy

Per
Back to top Go down
people

people

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:26 pm

I didn't let myself fully believe it was going to definetely make it before now. Excellent
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:21 pm

It will be soon!, we work quick (or in quick bursts), I can assure you the pics are great, never seem 'em before, and the dinky free poloroids look ace, i did something similar with the Electric Boogie Box with free poloroids. As soon as i can give more details I will.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:52 pm

soon? brilliant!

when you were describing all that stuff i had an xmas 09 release in my head, but sooner the better!

really cant wait for this, and the polaroids idea sounds great

one question i have, i dont konw if you can answer this yet but since its 4CD will it be like the 1977 long box kinda thing or will it be like the typical heavy liquid/WTFS cd-size box? i loved the 1977 boxset

thanks again the Clarkness,
HJW
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:13 pm

No - Steve did the lovely silver long box, can't remember who did the Pizza/burger box "Heavy Liquid", no its a very interesting package, like the bulk of EA packaging its that bit different, possibly a lot sooner. Now dont quote me on that TA
Back to top Go down
pernil

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:56 pm

The quality is good enough, but not perfect of course. Iggy's vocals are mostly low and he seems to spend a lot of time in the audience or elsewhere as some versions are predominantly instrumental. Still, I don't mind that much. The guitar work and interplay by Ron and James is amazing and the band really did have a fantastic set which deserves to be heard. "Nigger Man" (although lyrics are hard to hear but I think it is that song) sounds like an early take on "Gimme Some Skin". Bo Diddley's "Who Do You Love" is turned into an aggressive, almost funky number. And "You Don't Want My Name.." (which reminds of both "Vicious" and "Livin' After Midnight", although the Stooges got there first) is simply one of the best songs the Stooges ever did. I'm pretty biased, though. Per
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:14 pm

theclarkness wrote:
No - Steve did the lovely silver long box, can't remember who did the Pizza/burger box "Heavy Liquid", no its a very interesting package, like the bulk of EA packaging its that bit different, possibly a lot sooner. Now dont quote me on that TA

sounds even better now!

really can't wait for this!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:50 pm

pernil wrote:
The guitar work and interplay by Ron and James is amazing

I can imagine! Smile
Back to top Go down
theclarkness

theclarkness

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:21 am

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:39 am

AWESOME ! How many copies will be made ? I want to make sure I don't miss out ! Any clue what the pre order price will be ? I've been saving up Smile
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:26 am

Ok..now im really chomping at the bit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action new Stooges
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next