Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power LIVES!

Go down 
+37
ggriffin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
adams66
sweet_sixteen
Shakes
Radish
dorianmode
Funhouse
world's forgotten boy
Luzern
sheddy
trailerborn
popmansam
Donald
heavy liquid
Paddy08
don_vercetti
Rob Gallucci
freemind
jimmyo
iggy-fan
Rode Hard
marinesgdb
lolakelly
Garageman
Gimme some skin
pernil
Loose1969
EmmaUK
G, F#, E
Stranger09
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
Nadja
JW82
TED
cb
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:23 pm

all that sounds good

as loose said, im very happy for scott, iggy can continue a solo career, but it would be very hard for scott, hopefully he's built up enough money to sustain him anyway

a requiem for Ron? what do they mean by this?

it'll be great to finally hear this songs properly, raw powers a mess for figuring out what the band was like, and as good as sets like heavy liquid are, this will shine some light on how great that second (or third or fourth) verison of the band was, this is actually our first chance to hear how the stooges and raw power really sounded
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm

though, this latest move of reuniting with JW was obvious, inevitable, and expected--it's still great to hear it is happening so soon...

i agree with all who want the metallic, kill city era stuff included in the set list...

cock in my pocket, etc..., would be awesome...

rehearsals in july? hopefully a late summer/early fall tour? might have to plan for multiple dates on this one... cheers
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:59 pm

I hope they play the corner bar down the street from my trailer park. I can walk there and don't have to drive drunk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
I hope they play the corner bar down the street from my trailer park...
hahaha.. Rode Hard since you are gifted by the ability to forecast what will happen...
and the fact that you managed to seduce James with your gorgeous body (and boat)
I definitely give you the benefit of the doubt that this might happen pirat
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm

lolakelly wrote:
Not at all surprised at this news, bittersweet as it is.... but Stooges without Ron does not have the same meaning for me.

?

my sentiments exactly. But of course it's good news for the band.
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:14 pm

Can't believe it! just awesome!
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Nadja wrote:
lolakelly wrote:
Not at all surprised at this news, bittersweet as it is.... but Stooges without Ron does not have the same meaning for me.

?

I understand your feelings. I can not imagine The Stooges without Ron. I believe they will still make a glorious noise, but in the same way that the reunion so far included no Raw Power era songs, maybe they should consider ONLY doing RP era stuff in a James W reunion.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:53 pm

i would hope it was only Raw Power stuff, they're two very different guitarists sounds, it was great hearing Ron play search when i saw them last, but it was more a novelty, well noveltys the wrong word but it wasnt like hearing 1970 or Loose or something for the first time, Ron plays those songs, and James should play raw power, because they are 'his' songs, its his guitar

this is all just hitting me now, i mean who couldve guessed, even skull ring time, or even before that during the later years of iggy solo, that one day we'd see the stooges reuniting with the original band members, and then again as the raw power era band with james williamson, its quite amazing really when you think of it, esp even way back in 77 or something, when people thought that that was it for the stooges, its quite strange and amazing, they're survivors
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Rob Gallucci wrote:
Nadja wrote:
lolakelly wrote:

?

I understand your feelings. I can not imagine The Stooges without Ron. I believe they will still make a glorious noise, but in the same way that the reunion so far included no Raw Power era songs, maybe they should consider ONLY doing RP era stuff in a James W reunion.

well the stooges with j.w. back in 1973+ never played an fun house/the stooges songs, so i'm sure it'll be the same this time. This is absolutely awesome news, and I hope they come to the UK.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:57 pm

ZinZin wrote:
Rode Hard wrote:
I hope they play the corner bar down the street from my trailer park...
hahaha.. Rode Hard since you are gifted by the ability to forecast what will happen...
and the fact that you managed to seduce James with your gorgeous body (and boat)
I definitely give you the benefit of the doubt that this might happen pirat

Yes Zin, it's all about Rode Hard the attention whore--LOOK AT ME! Laughing

I just got a horrible thought. What if the only gigs they do is in Timbuktu and the surrounding area over there in Europe. Like always. All you Euro trash get all the breaks. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:20 pm

nah.. have this idea they gonna have their first try out there in the USA. who knows near to the rehearsal area..
so if it's not ok yet they'll jump quickly back into that cave again. cuz i think the gig tour program will be filled
and Europe won't take Iggy and the Stooges without a decent Dog or No Fun.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:31 pm

good observation zin, yeh, i thought it would be detroit or something, it'll probably be a Coachella thing again, like a big name festival they play at - is the kings cross station still open? that would be cool

im surprised its so soon, considering james hasnt been onstage in years, decades even, and the others havent really stopped

cautiously optimistic about this one hopefully its good and hopefully its a tour or two - and record? it'd be cool to hear some pokii stuff on another stooges album - always thought they had a fifth in them....
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:12 am

ZinZin wrote:
nah.. have this idea they gonna have their first try out there in the USA. who knows near to the rehearsal area..
so if it's not ok yet they'll jump quickly back into that cave again. cuz i think the gig tour program will be filled
and Europe won't take Iggy and the Stooges without a decent Dog or No Fun.

I reckon there are enough raw power era fans over here. Search & Destroy is very well known, I believe, due to a) it being an amazing song and b) used on the soundtrack to guitar hero 2, and also another film whos name escapes me. But i think there is some interest.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:41 am

If Stooges Management are taking notes Hammersmith Apollo or Shepherds Bush Empire for London please.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:43 am

if we're making requests lol....

i'd love to see them in Montreux again!

or closer to home UK/Ireland would be great!

always wanted to see the stooges a 3rd time
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:49 am

Rob Gallucci wrote:
[I believe they will still make a glorious noise, but in the same way that the reunion so far included no Raw Power era songs, maybe they should consider ONLY doing RP era stuff in a James W reunion.

yup
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:53 am

marinesgdb wrote:
. He also said that the tracks that Ron had left could be used for a documentary sound track rather than for an album.

...)

interesting news, but I'd def. prefer an album than a documentary soundtrack for those tracks. I would only REALLY like a new Stooges album if it had some Ron stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:58 am

[quote="Rode Hard"][quote="ZinZin"]
Rode Hard wrote:
What if the only gigs they do is in Timbuktu and the surrounding area over there in Europe. Like always. All you Euro trash get all the breaks. Razz

won't make any difference to me Rode Hard. I never saw them. The one time they were in my hometown I wasn't even aware of it. And if the tours do start up again, I don't know if I'll make the effort this time either.
I sometimes wonder what kind of Stooges fan I am. I guess the only thing that would REALLY satisfy me would be to get a time machine and hop back to the late sixties.

exciting news but it's messed with my head, to be quite honest.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:34 am

Never miss a chance to see Iggy Pop live, Nadja. It's always an experience, whether it's with The Stooges, solo or Iggy and the Stooges. You won't regret it.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:49 am

Nadja , He is the MAN.
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:10 am

He makes the MAN look like an amateur. geek
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:35 am

I concur with the above opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:55 am

What's the matter with your "messed up head" Nadja? Ron's in a better place. Dave too. Heaven is like taking 10 tabs of LSD all at once from the pictures I've seen. I can hardly wait. I was raised on heaven and hell by the Catholics so I KNOW what I'm talkin' bout, sista. It's so much fun to be dead you don't EVEN wanna come back here. Death is part of the great circle of life!

And I'm with ya on the 60's. I HEARD it was whack. And it's all coming back too! It never really went away. The music, the fashion, the hair, the makeup, free love, Carnaby Street, mod everything.
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:43 am

Rode Hard wrote:
And I'm with ya on the 60's. I HEARD it was whack. And it's all coming back too! It never really went away. The music, the fashion, the hair, the makeup, free love, Carnaby Street, mod everything.
totally!
a regular cornucopia of quadrophenia... flower
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
What's the matter with your "messed up head" Nadja? .

don't ask What a Face

point taken! I'll try to stop obsessing about dead people too Laughing

all the best to the renewed Stooges! My only problem is missing Ron's guitar soooo much. Doesn't mean I'm putting anyone or anything else down. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power LIVES!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next