Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo

Go down 
+34
Shakes
Chazz Avery
johnnybeat
request71
loranpop
cantona7
gazatthebop
coffeepotman
mark
jerrythebarman
heypeter
Hectorlovesthestooges
Luzern
kingwayne
JTV
pernil
trailerborn
Nightclubbing
woody
sizeable bulge
osterbergermeister
andrew
jpstooges
TeddyB1018
mc
adams66
homesickjameswilliamson
Donald
StoogesFan
studioguy
fabrice
blackout88
neven
mghifi
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:51 pm

kingwayne wrote:
What "bootleg section"? There is not bootleg section here on this forum? Where did you put the tracks??
Here :
https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t3774-etiqueta-negra-de-lugo-vinyl-rip
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Thank you very much, Richard. But how did you find that section? How does one find the Bootleg room from the main page? I don't see it anywhere, even though I'm looged in.

By the way, you're the Richard Adams who wrote "The Complete Iggy Pop"? I read that book almost everyday, since release date. I was just looking the other day for an updated version, but I guess there is no other version than the original 2005 print, right?

I ordered the updated "Complete David Bowie" the other day (sadly this version doesn't include the latest Bowie album).
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:25 pm

I don't know why you can't find the bootleg section - is there some forum rule that you need to have made a certain number of posts before it's available?

And there are no plans at the moment for an update of the book. A few people have asked about that recently. I really must try to find the time to do something about it!

Nick's Complete David Bowie is a masterpiece of a reference work. A total labour of love and something that has become almost Nick's full time job (in between being a Dalek operator - really!). Sadly, at the moment, I simply don't have the time to devote to fully updating the Iggy book. Maybe next year...

Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:20 pm

studioguy wrote:
blackout88 wrote:
Is Penetration in any way similar to 'I'm Hungry' from the box set? Also, any chance of a needle drop!
It's very similar but totally different vocals.  Hearing I'm Hungry again, I wonder if Iggy put some new vocals on this.
You're hearing now what many of us have steadfastly maintained from the begining. That "I'm Hungry" is a fake outtake, with newly recorded vocals over the music to "Penetration". Now how do I (and so many others) know this? I only listen to Iggy up to Kill City (when it was recorded, not when it was released) and only know his young voice. And brother that ain't it.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:26 pm

That said, I'm not bothered by it. Whatever it takes to get unreleased Stooges music out to the people, box set or not, I'm OK with.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Perhaps this leak is connected with someone researching what was available for the box set. They edited down Doojiman and added new vocals to Penetration/I'm Hungry. They used one of the Embassy mixes.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 am

pernil wrote:
Very exciting to hear these tracks! They're clearly from the CBS album sessions, as have been established here. Difficult to understand why they weren't released on the RP box.

Per
It isn't hard to understand why "Nigger Man" went unreleased. It is simply too politically incorrect for these times. That explains why some band members (James Williamson, others?) even denied the existence of the song. But as someone stated earlier, the song wasn't intended as a racist diatribe, as was previously believed, but as Iggy's profession of his love for the blues and black music in particular. The phrase "nigger" is commonly used in hip-hop culture today, but as far as I can tell the only instance of a white artist using the term that far ago was in John Lennon's song "Woman Is The Nigger Of The World".
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:28 am

Patti Smith.
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:43 am

sizeable bulge wrote:
You're hearing now what many of us have steadfastly maintained from the begining. That "I'm Hungry" is a fake outtake, with newly recorded vocals over the music to "Penetration". Now how do I (and so many others) know this? I only listen to Iggy up to Kill City (when it was recorded, not when it was released) and only know his young voice. And brother that ain't it.

I've never really bought that theory. I agree the vocals do sound a bit like older, recent Iggy, but it seems very unlikely that they would create a fake in this way. Also there is at least some suggestion that "I'm Hungry" may have been in the Kings Cross Cinema live set - see here.

After all I've always thought the alternate vocal version of "I Wanna Be Your Dog" sounds a bit like older Iggy, but I don't think that's a fake either!
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:51 am

TeddyB1018 wrote:
Perhaps this leak is connected with someone researching what was available for the box set.
You're damn right. It was either someone with a grudge against the band who wanted to embarrass them, or someone with such a love of the band that they wanted to put out material that they never would officially (or maybe just someone with dollar signs in their eyes). No doubt it somehow sprung from the Raw Power box set.

That said I don't think we've heard the last word on Raw Power. We've heard the last word on the Elekrta albums no doubt (and probably the 1971 Stooges), but the Columbia era Stooges haven't been completely mined quite yet.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:59 am

andrew wrote:
sizeable bulge wrote:

I've never really bought that theory. I agree the vocals do sound a bit like older, recent Iggy, but it seems very unlikely that they would create a fake in this way. Also there is at least some suggestion that "I'm Hungry" may have been in the Kings Cross Cinema live set - see here.

After all I've always thought the alternate vocal version of "I Wanna Be Your Dog" sounds a bit like older Iggy, but I don't think that's a fake either!
I'm not doubting you that the song "I'm Hungry" existed in their original 1972 repertoire, but I'm saying that the version on the RP box set was fake, most likely because they had never bothered to record it before then.
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

I agree w. the comments on "I'm Hungry"; the vocals on the RP box set do not have the edge or "menace" of Iggy's 1972 voice. A speech pathologist could probably clear this up! I wonder if they only had an instrumental take of the track. Still, as stated here, "I'm Hungry" (i.e. song that became "Penetration") seems to have been part of the King's Cross Cinema gig.

As for "Nigger Man", I doubt that this was part of their 1971 repertoire. Possibly the lyrics were. The first time I saw mention of it was in an interview w. Ron Asheton where he mentioned some titles they had worked on in England, 1972; he didn't refer to it as a 1971 tune.

Per
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:20 pm

This is a major find! "La Seleccion" is not one of the songtitles but simply means "the choice/selection" and in this case would translate as "the tracklist".

To me this looks and feels as if Iggy and James themselves are behind this release. With the kind of international distribution this release has it's hard to believe it's coming from unofficial sources.

The backing vocals on "Penetration" and "Raw Power" remind me of the backing vocals on "Sex And Money" on "Ready To Die". Is it possible that Iggy and James polished up the "Raw Power" outtakes while working on "Ready To Die"? And that somebody involved with the sessions managed to copy the files? Or Iggy and James released the LP themselves?

Furthermore it's interesting to compare "N. Man" and "African Man".
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 1:01 pm

The backing vocals on "Raw Power" were definitely recorded at the time of the album sessions. They can be heard on an earlier mix of the song. Per
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes, I think if there are similarities in the backing vocals then it's that Sex and Money was copying Raw Power.

It's been brilliant to read everyone's views on these tracks and fascinating to read the theory that James and Iggy might be responsible for this release. It doesn't seem terribly likely to me, but it's always possible I suppose. But James, especially, is very keen on sound quality - look at the work he put in to the Kill City reissue. So I can't see him allowing a Mexican bootleg company to issue anything. As has been pointed out, there are some issues with tape speeds here too, and the tracks are all at different stages of completion. I agree that these tracks are unlikely to be from the earlier "I'm Sick Of You" sessions, the sound far more closely matches the actual Raw Power sessions.

The early version of "Death Trip" is excellent, and the instrumental that clearly became "Hard To Beat" further down the road is a storming take and the early version of "Penetration" is cracking. The alt mix of "Search" and "Raw Power" don't add much to what we already know, but it's great to hear the instrumental backings for "INS" and "Shake Appeal, short though it is. "Niggerman" is interesting, though you can see why it didn't make the final album - I don't believe it's anything to do with the lyrics - (and, as other posters have pointed out, the 'n' word is not being used offensively, and I believe you have to accept its use in the context of the times), it's more that musically it simply doesn't fit with the balls out noise that James was making. In fact it almost seems like throwback to the African rhythms of the first album.

Anyway, this has been one of the best bootlegs for many a year and thanks for making it available.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:08 pm

adams66 wrote:
I can't see him allowing a Mexican bootleg company to issue anything.
I do not think that this was pressed/released by a Mexican bootleg company. My German sources say that it originates from the US. The Spanish text on the cover is a spoof of Spanish/Latin American releases, I think. The name of the (probably fictional, non-existent) "Record Company" (Boca del Rey) points in the direction of Southern Florida, which made me think that Iggy is behind this. The Miami-Dade County being a de facto bilingual area, this feels very much like Iggy giving the finger to the major labels from his base in Miami.
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks Luzern - I just took it at face value. I should have known that with Bootlegs, nothing is ever what it seems!! Smile 
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 am

Methinks the entire sleeve is in spanish for the sole purpose of using the less-offensive title "Hombre Negro". Tricky camouflage, nothing more. Nice one Iggy!

"Buscar Y Autodestruccion" - greatest title ever! - might've gotten the chop because of similarities to the "No Fun" riff. Regardless, I can't stop listening to it. It's becoming a problem...

Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 am

As a spaniard, I must say that the LP has a terrible spanish translation from the english titles. So this is probably the weirdest Stooges bootleg I've ever seen!!! where the hell did it come from??Shocked 

By the way, the track A4 (Penetración) is something that I've never heard before, what's that track?

Edit: Sorry, I was so excited that I didn't read all the posts...
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 5:08 am

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
As a spaniard, I must say that the LP has a terrible spanish translation from the english titles. So this is probably the weirdest Stooges bootleg I've ever seen!!! where the hell did it come from??Shocked 

By the way, the track A4 (Penetración) is something that I've never heard before, what's that track?

Edit: Sorry, I was so excited that I didn't read all the posts...
Hector, they all seem new except S&D and Gimme Danger!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Just gotta say massive thanks again to jp for flowing this. Unbelievably cool. What a treat. Best thing in years.

It'd be a real gas to discover that the band were behind the release. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Nightclubbing

Nightclubbing

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:47 pm

And why Lugo? It's all very mysterious!... Question 
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Studioguy, yeah but they're all the songs we know... that track I mean is totally new!

Nightclubbing, they probably meant "Lujo", which means "Deluxe". Lugo is a Spanish city.

You know, Iggy was in a spanish tv show recently and he spoke in spanish all the time... but of course he wasn't perfect speaking, though we all understood him. So that's another clue to think about this "bootleg" could be Iggy's idea.
Back to top Go down
Nightclubbing

Nightclubbing

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Hector Loves The Stooges, I saw the program, I am also Spanish. It makes sense what you say about "Lugo" and "Lujo", that must be the explanation.

Greetings!
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 am

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
You know, Iggy was in a spanish tv show recently and he spoke in spanish all the time... but of course he wasn't perfect speaking, though we all understood him. So that's another clue to think about this "bootleg" could be Iggy's idea.
That's exactly what I was thinking, too.

Is that Spanish TV show with Iggy speaking Spanish on youtube?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next