Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post Pop Depression Tour

Go down 
+13
Lucas
ggriffin
neven
jacqui_A
Pop Stüge
gazatthebop
trailerborn
osterbergermeister
woody
Donald
fabrice
adams66
thewinterofmydiscontent
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thewinterofmydiscontent

thewinterofmydiscontent

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-02-27

Post Pop Depression Tour Empty
PostSubject: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 am

Tour is under way.

Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:39 am

I have seen a set list from last night's initial gig. It's not officially confirmed yet, but if it's true, and it looks very likely, then it's superb!! EDIT - someone's posted a picture of the stage set list on Instagram - so it looks like this is the actual set list...https://www.instagram.com/p/BCw8B-Ww_jB/

If you want this to be a surprise then read no further… Otherwise, prepare to have a whacking great smile on your face. I have! The Royal Albert Hall gig would be awesome with a set list like this!

Feast your eyes on THIS!

Lust For Life,
Sister Midnight
American Valhalla, *
Sixteen,
In The Lobby, *
Some Weird Sin,
Funtime,
Tonight,
Sunday, *
German Days, *
Mass Production,
Nightclubbing,
The Passenger,
China Girl,

Encore -

Break Into Your Heart, *
Fall In Love With Me,
Repo Man,
Gardenia, *
Baby,
Chocolate Drops, *
Paraguay, *
Success.

* - from Post Pop Depression.
"Baby" - never played live before.
"Repo Man" - never played live before (I think).
"Tonight" - not played live since the March / April 1977 tour (although Iggy did sing this at Phillip Glass's Tibet House benefit a couple of weeks ago with Patti Smith's band, along with "The Jean Genie", as a Bowie tribute).
"Success" - not played live since the autumn 1977 tour.
"Fall In Love With Me" - not played live since the 1983 tour.

Interestingly this might be Iggy's first ever show to feature absolutely no Stooges songs. Some of the gigs in 1979 / 1980 had virtually no Stooges numbers and were extremely heavy on the new songs, but there was always room for one or two, like "Dog" or "Loose" or "Search and Destroy". Last night? Nothing. I guess that Josh partly didn't want to invite any comparisons with Ron or James, and also the new material is a much closer match with the Bowie / Iggy records and doesn't really fit with songs like "Raw Power" or "No Fun".

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:45 pm

sounds fantastic , We've had a great 10 year ride of Stooges songs performed by the full Stooges , so really no need for more Stooges stuff...it's better than good enough for me , and Repo Man live must be a treat ! love that one , too bad I can't find a ticket for Paris , but there's hope !
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Looking forward to it now.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 4:52 pm

WOW. Looks fab.

As for no Stooges songs... when I first saw Iggy in '77 he played the whole set of Idiot/Lust for Life songs and only sneaked in Search & Destroy and Raw Power (?) in the encore. At the time I was thrilled to hear them, now in hindsight I appreciate more the intention and ambition of the main set. Who wants to look back?

But it's great to think that Josh H. might've declined to attempt Ron's songs. That's a very cool thought. Wise man!
Back to top Go down
thewinterofmydiscontent

thewinterofmydiscontent

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 7:06 pm

NME gig review.
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Incidentally - that's a great version of "Lust For Life" at the top of this page. Thanks for posting winter of my discontent! Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:24 pm

Here's "China Girl" from last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6pbAhIBiM
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
thewinterofmydiscontent

thewinterofmydiscontent

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks, Richard.

Here comes...

Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 6:59 am

I got tickets to the ACL taping on Tuesday in Austin!!! I rounded up everyone I know in the area to enter the lottery for 2 passes and the only person who won was my son. The stipulation is that he has to take ME. This will be great!! The I'm heading out to Portland, San Francisco & Denver. I'll post a report. Steve
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 7:11 am

ACL is live streaming the show here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/austincitylimitstv

It starts Tuesday March 15 at 8:00pm CDT. That is GMT-5, NOT GMT-6 because there is a time change in USA tomorrow night.

Steve
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 12:08 pm

osterbergermeister wrote:
I got tickets to the ACL taping on Tuesday in Austin!!!  I rounded up everyone I know in the area to enter the lottery for 2 passes and the only person who won was my son.  The stipulation is that he has to take ME.  This will be great!!  The I'm heading out to Portland, San Francisco & Denver.  I'll post a report.  Steve

Well done Steve!! Look forward to hearing all about it.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 12:09 pm

It starts Tuesday March 15 at 8:00pm CDT.  That is GMT-5, NOT GMT-6 because there is a time change in USA tomorrow night.

Steve

That's good news. Thanks for the info.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 6:51 am

American Valhalla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I24rNRM26v4

Anyone got "Repo Man"?

Or "Chocolate Drops"?
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 10:48 am

Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 10:29 pm

gazatthebop wrote:
LA show torrent is here to download. http://www.bowiestation.com/TT2/torrents-details.php?id=1858

Just been listening - a pretty good recording, and a damn fine gig! Iggy's vocals are excellent. Great performances all round. Really looking forward to the rest of the tour.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 12:40 am

It starts Tuesday March 15 at 8:00pm CDT.  That is GMT-5, NOT GMT-6 because there is a time change in USA tomorrow night.

Steve
 Are you sure? There is nothing there about a live stream, just the taping.
Back to top Go down
thewinterofmydiscontent

thewinterofmydiscontent

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

There's a whole bunch of songs on YouTube now from SXSW including
Back to top Go down
jacqui_A

jacqui_A

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 pm

adams66 wrote:
gazatthebop wrote:
LA show torrent is here to download. http://www.bowiestation.com/TT2/torrents-details.php?id=1858

Just been listening - a pretty good recording, and a damn fine gig! Iggy's vocals are excellent. Great performances all round. Really looking forward to the rest of the tour.
Cheers,
Richard
Is this members only?
Back to top Go down
jacqui_A

jacqui_A

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down
jacqui_A

jacqui_A

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:21 pm

If anyone has spare tickets, please think of me!
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 10:34 pm

Repo Man live must be such a treat !!!!!!

I'm looking for a ticket for PARIS , anyone ?
everywhere I'm looking I only see sharks....
cheers,
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 1:16 am

Thanks for posting that 'thewinterofmydiscontent'. I always wondered why Repo Man wasn't a live staple. The current band really seems to be digging it. The Trolls could've done it justice.

I remember seeing Repo Man (the movie) at the theatre and being blown away by the riffage. It gave me very high hopes for the next Iggy record. Unfortunately 80's Bowie (taking a decade-long hiatus from his usual 'Perfected Master' status) got involved with 'Blah, Blah, Blah' and .... y'know.

Also worth checking out the Turbonegro cover. Weaker vocals, but great guitar.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 10:02 am

on a side note Repo Man is a really fun movie , not to be overlooked !
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:38 pm

was just checkin the Austin gig on YT and basically it is the full Lust For Life album ( minus Turn Blue ) which was played !!!!! amazing !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Pop Depression Tour
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next