Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post Pop Depression Tour

Go down 
+13
Lucas
ggriffin
neven
jacqui_A
Pop Stüge
gazatthebop
trailerborn
osterbergermeister
woody
Donald
fabrice
adams66
thewinterofmydiscontent
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thewinterofmydiscontent

thewinterofmydiscontent

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-02-27

Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Supposed to be a live stream of Seattle gig.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 3:52 pm

thewinterofmydiscontent wrote:
Supposed to be a live stream of Seattle gig.

Excellent news! Thanks.
Richard
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Removed....
Back to top Go down
thewinterofmydiscontent

thewinterofmydiscontent

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 9:07 pm

I didn't stay up; was it even broadcast?
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Ears still ringing from the Detroit show last night. No surprises, but a solid set. Band and Iggy both sounded great. (But I found myself hoping that Carlos Alomar would parachute down from the rafters to rescue a few Bowie-era guitar solos - 'Tonight' in particular).

As expected, 'Repo Man' was the highlight for me. It was the only tune that really captured the manic energy of the pre-'BlahBlahBlah' Iggy of yore. (But 'Sixteen' came close). The YouTube clips don't do this stuff justice. See this tour!!!

Hate to admit it, but I spent an inordinate amount of time watching Iggy's wife groove side-stage. Lucky guy, that Iggy.

Edit: The matching tux-jackets on the band reminded me of The Iguanas.

And that was the worst fucking opening act I've ever seen on an Iggy bill. And I've seen many stinkers. Seriously ....'Noveller'? Is this what the kids think is cool these days? Call me old fashioned, but I need songs, a rythm section and a few basic chords. Iggy's getting out just in time.

Local review:
http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/04/08/iggy-pop-fox-theatre-detroit-review/82778402/
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 7:50 pm

Old person alert: I have tickets for tonight at the Orpheum.

The ticket says 7:30pm

I am guessing the opener goes on at 8:30 or 9, Iggy goes on at ten?

What say you?
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 12:28 am

At the Detroit show lat week the opener went on close to 7.30 & Iggy around 8.30.
If the opener is Novellor .... stay at the bar!

Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 6:40 am

trailerborn, thanks so much for the heads up!

We walked up to the theater at 8:30 and Lust for Life had already begun.

What a great show. Iggy seemed so joyful. The sound was a mess but the mood was celebratory.

I know Josh Homme is a hero in some parts but he looked kind of foolish alongside Iggy. All shruggy dance moves and wanky guitar faces, trying too hard.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 9:45 pm

You're not giving Homme the honour he (and the others) should get. They are all great musicians with great careers and great qualities. Making this record in cooporation and release it on record and tour as if it is all Iggy, takes a great man. What i've seen until now this is the fucking greatest band Iggy had a solo-tour with since ever. So a big thank you to Josh Homme, Dean Fertita, Matt Helders, Matt Sweeney and Troy Van Leeuwen is in order. Such a fantastic tour at this age is more then we ever could have asked and hoped for, and Homme is one of the guys who makes that possible.
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 6:43 am

I like the songs, and I am glad someone redirected Iggy's attention to those first two post-Stooges records (and Repo Man!). And I am grateful that he put together this tour of US theaters after all those years of European festivals.

I just felt embarassed for Josh Homme. The rest of the band was clearly having a blast, smiling and interacting with Iggy. Homme was staring off into the distance, wincing with every bent note and doing this walk-like-an-egyptian dance. It was a distracting draw on the onstage energy - Iggy tried to get his attention a few times but was rebuffed - if you're sharing the stage with one of the world's greatest front men why are you having this weird private jerkoff?
Back to top Go down
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 1:28 pm

I agree with you, ggriffin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se
trailerborn

trailerborn

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Does anyone have a clip of the cool African (?) music that preceded the band's entrance?

Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 pm

It's a track called "Tha Knot" by the band Young Grey Horse. It's from the album "Sacred Dance: Pow Wows of the Native American Indians." My musical knowledge is not so vast that I actually knew this; I just Shazamed a recording of the Denver show.
Steve
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 3:20 am

Thanks a lot for that osterbergermeister.
Seems more in line with Homme's general desert-vibe than the Wagner played before early Stooges gigs.

Cool track. Givie it some views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysMPns5q27k
Back to top Go down
oceanbreeze

oceanbreeze

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:02 am

Oh cool, I was wondering about this too.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 11:37 pm

still looking for 1 ticket for the Paris / Grand Rex show on 15 may , if anybody can help please send me a pm , cheers
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 8:40 pm

I've been following this tour on YouTube. The band is getting groovier and Repo Man has turned into a real show-stopper.

Anyways, check out this vid from Copenhagen. Just after 3.00 Iggy discovers 'jazz hands' and seems delighted. A cool moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THwTCeMFjsg
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 10:36 am

Hi all, managed to attend the Paris gig at the Grand Rex ( cap. 2800 ) , final date of the tour and yes it was pure joy , Iggy was already on stage when the curtain lifted and the drum / bass pulse of LFL sounded terrific. this tour has been largely reviewed so I'll spare you with repetition , especially since most of you attended a date anyway. highlights for me were Sister M. , Sixteen , Funtime , Tonight , Mass P. , China G. , huge huge Repo Man , Baby ( what a treat ! ) , some of the new tracks sounded very strong : AV , S , great great German Days , surprised in a good way with Paraguay...Iggy and the band just couldn't leave the stage after that , usual set list though , no bonus on the last date.
Iggy was as great as ever and shared his intoxicating cheerful mood with all , signing stuff and chatting with some fans after the show , on the contrary when the band left one by one they looked pretty arrogant and went straight for their cars , not one look for the crowd ( the ones who buy the records you know... ) , Homme sort of waved briefly while running ( ?! ) to his limo ; those guys gave us a great show , they can still learn a lesson or two from Mr Pop regarding being humble certainly ! they're pretty young still to be so much full of shit !

ok the great news , the full show was taped by French radio France Inter and broadcast date should be on 21 June for Fete de La Musique
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 10:57 am

Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Glad you managed to get in Fabrice
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 3:06 pm

thanx Donald , ticket bought on the street , black market , I was lucky it was a real one...
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Back to top Go down
midnight frank

midnight frank

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 11:19 pm

It seems that the (by all reviews, amazing) Royal Albert Hall gig was filmed for the BBC and will be premiering this December - if the comments on the following video is anything to go by, that is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWejaojpzQg

"It will be released this December on DVD"
+
"I work in the print media and they don't give us much.I know they used up to 8 cameras, really high quality. Great sound as well. It will be a BBC production I believe. Probably air as a TV special in Britian first and then made into a DVD for sale I hope."
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 1:19 pm

which makes at least 3 concerts prof. recorded : Paris Canal + TV show 02 may , broadcast date 01 June ?
+ London Royal Albert Hall + Paris Grand Rex taped by France Inter , broadcast date 21 June...

still it'd be nice if something ended up officially on either cd or Blu R !
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 12:25 am

Also Austin March 15 (the night before the SXSW gig) for Austin City Limits TV show which should air in October. These don't often end up as commercial releases on DVD, though. They showed some of it when Iggy & Josh did that Q&A at the Grammy Museum in LA and I heard it was great.
Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Pop Depression Tour   Post Pop Depression Tour - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Pop Depression Tour
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next