Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my opinion on the easy action box

Go down 
+39
Loose1969
elvis plebsley
TeddyB1018
Perdu
jerrythebarman
23rd Express
JW82
jneilnyc
scott
berlinberlin
Monger
Lucas
c-deep
G, F#, E
adams66
pernil
Cato
TED
MJG196
Donald
mark
coffeepotman
StoogesFan
citizensmurf
Nitebob
Natalie
homesickjameswilliamson
trailerborn
dumdumboy
tompa67
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Garageman
kaiserken
Rob Gallucci
ElRoi
studioguy
mc
larry fine
Chemmy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Natalie wrote:
TeddyB,

It was Carrie who was in contact with Easy Action before the tragedy.

I adored Mike. He was one of the first members of the fan club. He also was the first to make up Iggy t shirts.

I was so sad when I found out what happened. I first met Mike when he drove up to Chicago for the Stooges gig at the Opera House in 71. Then in 73 he invited me to St Louis for the shows. I stayed with him and his mom .

Nice to see one of his friends on the board.

Natalie

Thanks Natalie.

Recieving that phone call out of the blue from St. Louis following the accident was awful. Phoning our friend Loren from the Dogs to pass on the news was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do.

Incidentially, I put a video clip on YouTube of Mike singing Louie Louie with Loren and myself and some other friends backing him at a birthday party gig in LA back in 1984. He's doing his best Iggy impression.

Jody
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Well....I just got this Stooges set today. Just got into the first disc, shit the guitarwork is something to behold! Hearing Ron AND James on guitar is a treat!! Vocals are somewhat buried, yes. But I was after the guitar duels, and I got exactly what I wanted. Honestly, so far I love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 am

Loose1969 wrote:
Well....I just got this Stooges set today. Just got into the first disc, shit the guitarwork is something to behold! Hearing Ron AND James on guitar is a treat!! Vocals are somewhat buried, yes. But I was after the guitar duels, and I got exactly what I wanted. Honestly, so far I love it!

Smoking guitars!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:29 am

ElRoi wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:

Smoking guitars!

Indeed. My only criticizms of the set are, the sound quality seems to deteriorate with each disc, and almost all the pics are solely of Iggy. But first of all, these are audience tapes and we're lucky to even have those. Plus we were warned, so nobody should snivel about the sound. The first one is actually quite good, and the second one is certainly worth cranking up. And the package overall is nicely done. The subtitles to "Fresh Rag" are hilarious. Laughing

All in all, I'm pleased. Glad I got it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
saichan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:25 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
My only criticizms of the set are ... almost all the pics are solely of Iggy.

I agree with everyone: the performances are smoking hot and well worth having. However, I also agree with Loose above - too many pictures of Iggy. I've seen a couple of pics of this line up where both James and Ron are clearly visible onstage, so I was hoping for that.

Also, I'm really bemused about the song credits. I know Iggy wrote 'I Got A Right', James has confirmed this in interview, but can it really be the case that Pop wrote *all* the others solo?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:38 pm

ElRoi wrote:
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Actually you can't. It's against their rules, because it's offically released on EA box, and Starfighter disc. But it should still be available in the boot section.

Was the title of the thread:
Slightly longer, slightly better quality Saint Louis 1971

Yes. And it's wayy better than the starfighter. it's arguably better than the version in the EA box.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:31 am

As I stated in another thread, Iggy did not write songs in a vacuum. The other band members, especially Ron contributed.

The way I understand it, the band did not remember much about these songs. Even Ron could not remember. That is probably the reason they are credited to Iggy. Iggy usually was the sole contributor of the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:13 am

Loose1969 wrote:
the sound quality seems to deteriorate with each disc

I think that's pretty much true. I've spent more time listening to disc 1 - it has the fullest, beefiest sound in terms of the music, albeit that the vocals are largely lost. Disc 3 however still captures a ferocious musical performance, but with much clearer vocals. Those 2 discs alone are essential listening - they are the two that I will be going back to again and again.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:15 am

ElRoi wrote:
Actually you can't. It's against their rules, because it's offically released on EA box, and Starfighter disc. But it should still be available in the boot section.

Was the title of the thread:
Slightly longer, slightly better quality Saint Louis 1971

Yes. And it's wayy better than the starfighter. it's arguably better than the version in the EA box.
If someone has this release, could they please repost it in the bootleg section?
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:03 am

Disc 3, St. Louis - "Band leave stage early due to Ron's injury" - anyone know the details? (concussion? hospital?)
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:07 am

Rob Gallucci wrote:
Disc 3, St. Louis - "Band leave stage early due to Ron's injury" - anyone know the details? (concussion? hospital?)

oh dear!
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:03 am

Rob Gallucci wrote:

iggy was swinging his mic + it hits ron in the back of the head.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:39 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Roger Daltrey did something similar to Pete Townshend a time or two back in the day.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Does anybody else than me hear Iggy shout "Raw Power" in the intro for I got a right on the factory disc..?
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Shakes wrote:
Rob Gallucci wrote:

iggy was swinging his mic + it hits ron in the back of the head.

Was Ron knocked out/concussed? You don't really get any clues from listening to the CD.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:20 pm

I remember hearing that Ron went to the hospital. I was not at that gig but I do know we talked about the hospital visit.
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 pm

listen to ron and james in do you want my love, the last track of the shows just blow my head off.no words to describe what I feel the first time I heard it.the music in this box it's a jewel to me.no price.I listened a lot more cd 1 just cause sound better that the rest but I enjoy it all.the 1971 live and early recordings cd was terrible, difficult just to appreciate the melody of the songs, but I can put this one at maximum volume and flip me out!!! The package and the photos it's another history.many Iggy pictures and very little images,I would prefer less but bigger ones.maybe some day we can hear a better live performance, I pray now for the unganos, and that formation that I never heard with zeke and cheatham.that will be amazing I guess...sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my opinion on the easy action box
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6