Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my opinion on the easy action box

Go down 
+39
Loose1969
elvis plebsley
TeddyB1018
Perdu
jerrythebarman
23rd Express
JW82
jneilnyc
scott
berlinberlin
Monger
Lucas
c-deep
G, F#, E
adams66
pernil
Cato
TED
MJG196
Donald
mark
coffeepotman
StoogesFan
citizensmurf
Nitebob
Natalie
homesickjameswilliamson
trailerborn
dumdumboy
tompa67
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Garageman
kaiserken
Rob Gallucci
ElRoi
studioguy
mc
larry fine
Chemmy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Last edited by ZinZin on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 pm

I know what you mean, but imagine my disappointment, when I was a young Stooges fan and went and bought the "Live '71" -disc...
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Garageman wrote:
I know what you mean, but imagine my disappointment, when I was a young Stooges fan and went and bought the "Live '71" -disc...

IS the "Live 71" disc some of the same material that's on the box set?
Back to top Go down
dumdumboy

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:58 pm

for anyone to complain about the quality of the box set is laughable. its a miracle it came out. its 38 or so years ago. also i bought the starfighter cd 25 years ago , now that is bad quality. ive been buying bootleg live shows for 30 years and the sound of this box is fine considering. ive waited 25 years for an upgrade of that starfighter cd (ive also got the vinyl with iggy on the cover with his head in the toilet) that is meant to be disc 3 and it may be the worst quality in the box but the performance seems the most ferocious and the vocals are the most audible in the box.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Garageman wrote:

IS the "Live 71" disc some of the same material that's on the box set?

Yes, but in worse quality.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Just got mine, but I'm a little confused --- these seem to be audience recordings. Why couldn't EA have advertised this fact well in advance in bold font? Couldn't they have posted audio samples or something? KIDDING!!! This is the ducks nuts and pretty much exactly what I expected. Thanks EA!

Questions/Observations:
1. Who are the 2 people sitting backstage w/ Ron, Iggy & Williamson (?). Natalie? Nitebob?

2. I guess 'Children of the Night' eventually would've led into the 'Flies..juicy flies' bit. Too bad that part gets cut-off as it is precisely the point when Elektra realized they had a junkie on their hands. (According to the biographies, at least)

3. Where is the puking?

4. Love the confusing song titles.

5. Anyone want to buy the '71 Starfighter vinyl?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Quote :
ust got mine, but I'm a little confused --- these seem to be audience recordings. Why couldn't EA have advertised this fact well in advance in bold font? Couldn't they have posted audio samples or something?

i was about to go WHAT THE HELL! lol

the booklet mentions two people, man and woman, who supplied photos (both deceased i think) - this could be them

dont know about children of the night

i think mc said te puking was after dead body on disc 2

the song titles are hilarious - i still consider st. louis adolescent nightmare one of the best titles ever created! i love it

i have the starfighter CD and its terrible - actually the music punches through the mud but its still awful, i havent listened to it in ages, but i loved it, well i loved the music - which is why i love this set, its some of the stooges best work
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:19 pm

When my copy arrives, I should be able to identify the people in the photo if it is the deceased man. He was a a friend of mine from St Louis and one of the fan club members from way back in the day.

I can assure you it is not a picture of me. I never had any pictures taken with the guys but I wish I would have now.
Back to top Go down
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 pm

I never went backstage, as I was an audience member, but I did supply a photo from the gig.

nitebob
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am

Natalie wrote:
When my copy arrives, I should be able to identify the people in the photo if it is the deceased man. He was a a friend of mine from St Louis and one of the fan club members from way back in the day.

I can assure you it is not a picture of me. I never had any pictures taken with the guys but I wish I would have now.

I hate to say it Nat, but the fact that you of all people don't have yours yet either I feel a little less forlorn.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:03 am

Glad I could assist on your misery trip!
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:11 am

[quote="Natalie"]one of the fan club members from way back in the day.]

Natalie,
How many fan club memberes were there back in those days?
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:35 am

Natalie wrote:
Glad I could assist on your misery trip!
If it doesn't arrive tomorrow my misery trip might mutate into my own personal "Death Trip."
Back to top Go down
citizensmurf

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:42 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
On a side note, I was getting ready to throw away the 1971 Starfighter cd(which I paid $120.00 for back in like 03! Mad )before I realized... maybe someone here wants it... lol...

Ouch. I saw the high prices of that one when I was first buying Stooges bootlegs and waited for a while, finally scoring a copy for $5 a few months back. I only played it once it was so hard to listen to. If this box (still no copies arriving in Canada) is better sounding than Metallic KO, then I'll be quite happy.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:34 am

Rob,

There were approximately 100 members. One member from Hong Kong, Sammy, used to reproduce my newsletters and send them to fans who contacted him in his country.

He never did tell me how many he sent out.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:32 am

Natalie wrote:
Rob,

There were approximately 100 members. One member from Hong Kong, Sammy, used to reproduce my newsletters and send them to fans who contacted him in his country.

He never did tell me how many he sent out.

Natalie

So Natalie, is this going to be an actual functioning Stooges Fan Club or is it going to be more of a one off, Stooges collectors type deal?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:32 am

ElRoi,

I was referring to the fan club I ran back when the Stooges were first recording. I am not sure what you are asking about. If you mean the Fan Club pack I am working with Easy Action on, all the details are on the thread "New News from Easy Action".

Don't want to get off topic too much. If you have a question, pm me and I will answer you.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:28 pm

I have no opinion do to the fact that I have as of yet to receive it and the mail has already been delivered today. This sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:53 pm

It´s definitely worth the wait..!!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:05 pm

tompa67 wrote:
It´s definitely worth the wait..!!

I appreciate the consoling, but I must say that that is easy for you to say as you listen to it. I would almost bet money that it still doesn't arrive tomorrow. At this point its going to be really hard to not be extremely critical of whatever arrives. If it had arrived in any kind of timely manner any shortcomings would have certainly been easily overlooked, but at this point its going to be hard. I'm not blaming EA at this point, but I do think that as behind schedule as this project was that they could have offered people, especially here in the US, the opportunity to pay another $5 and have there's shipped via UPS or FedEx. I hope this experience hips them to the fact that the USPS is not the most efficient service when it comes to shipping parcels from the UK.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:11 pm

I didn´t expect it to arrive that early to me actually.
Seems like the us postage handling is very slow..
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:23 pm

tompa67 wrote:
I didn´t expect it to arrive that early to me actually.
Seems like the us postage handling is very slow..
No, no they completely frickin' suck balls.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Just to make our American friends feel a little better, I am also still waiting for my set to arrive - and I am in London.

A recent news item stated that there are something like 11 million items of mail backlogged due to the recent industrial disputes. I guess my Stooges set is in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:09 pm

StoogesFan wrote:
Just to make our American friends feel a little better, I am also still waiting for my set to arrive - and I am in London.

A recent news item stated that there are something like 11 million items of mail backlogged due to the recent industrial disputes. I guess my Stooges set is in there somewhere.
Man, I feel for you. You really must be pissed at your postal service. At least I know mine is here in the US and somewhere out there trying to get to me. It's a sign of the times. This time next year we all might be worried about getting food or the rising seas that are nearly devoid of life, we will look back on this little incident and laugh at how petty we all were in our lamenting about some CD box set not arriving promptly.
Back to top Go down
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Been lurking around for awhile, decided to join in! I too can't wait to hear this set on CD. The sound samples seem pretty good to me so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my opinion on the easy action box   my opinion on the easy action box - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my opinion on the easy action box
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next