Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Induction

Go down 
+39
Aku
sway
marinesgdb
neven
mark
Iguanas
Petrie Terrace
Gimme some skin
james matlock
stooges
mc
trailerborn
soldier
heavy liquid
napalm_cheetah
Loose1969
harmonia
Nadja
jneilnyc
homesickjameswilliamson
Radiobirdman73
larry fine
iggy-fan
Perdu
Tyronehell
jpod
ElRoi
popmansam
adams66
JW82
TeddyB1018
Natalie
dereksee
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Shakes
Rode Hard
cb
the5thramone37
studioguy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

The Induction - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 am

Arrow just for general info, the re-broadcasts are severely edited down.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Perdu wrote:
Arrow just for general info, the re-broadcasts are severely edited down.

Yeah they are...Fuse chopped the shit out of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:12 pm

neven wrote:
thanks studioguy!

I second that thanks!

At least I was able to watch all the YouTube clips. A few observations here:

Is it me, or is Iggy looking 10 times healthier than he did during the last Stooges run? He looks in much better shape than I've seen him in a while. Sounds better too.

Scott really seems to be on fire with the skins. He's taken it up a notch. Reminds me of earlier days, in a good way.

James is catching on to being a Stooge again, guitar-wise. His playing is much sharper and more focused than it was at the previous gigs I heard. It was just a matter of knocking the rust off, I'm sure. On "Dog", he does a pretty good job of getting Ron's vibe going. Not quite there, but then again nobody can duplicate Ron. But James did a good job getting close.

The speeches were great. These aren't just musicians, these are guys with heart. It showed.

And lastly- watching Iggy embarrass the stuffed shirts during "Dog" was fucking priceless. That alone was worth the price of admission. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Oh, and NOW I finally got the file to start downloading...lol
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Steve,

Very astute observations!

I would agree with you that Iggy is looking in great shape these days for an almost 63 year old man. He surely looked better than when I saw him in October at the signing. I do still worry about his leg and his back. He has always given so much physically on stage and it has taken a toll.

Scott was just wonderful as ever, maybe taking it up a notch as you said.

Yes, I thought James sounded great on "Dog" and surely did Ron proud.

For me it was almost like old home week seeing both Scotty T and Steve play with them.

To hear all the past Stooges mentioned made me fill up with tears but in a good, gentle, nostalgic way.

I'm glad you finally got the whole thing to DL. It's better to watch it uninterrupted.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm watching the download right now. Yes, to have it in one piece is wonderful! That was cool that all Stooges, past and present, alive or no, got a nod. That showed a lot of class.

This is NOT the sound of an old, tired band. This is the sound of.....COOL.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
I'm watching the download right now. Yes, to have it in one piece is wonderful! That was cool that all Stooges, past and present, alive or no, got a nod. That showed a lot of class.

This is NOT the sound of an old, tired band. This is the sound of.....COOL.
Very .....COOL

I'm glad it's finally downloading for you!! it really is better in one piece.

And Natalie, I worry about his back and leg also. He did look a lot better pain/limp wise than Brazil.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Quote :
And Natalie, I worry about his back and leg also. He did look a lot better pain/limp wise than Brazil.

Yeh, he was doing his 'jumping around to mask his limp' walk at HOF

and i recently read this;

After a stage dive left him bruised and injured last month, Stooges frontman Iggy Pop has decided to retire his signature move.

The veteran rocker always leapt off the stage during his shows, but when he hurtled into the crowd during the Tibet House US 20th Annual Benefit Concert at New York's Carnegie Hall, no one was there to catch him.

"When I landed, it hurt, and I made a mental note that Carnegie Hall would be a good place for my last stage dive," Pop told WENN. "The audience were just like, 'What are you doing?'"

Looks like after 62 years and a recent induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Iggy is finally learning how to take care of himself.

hope he's just being flippant
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Patrick,

I hope he is not being flippant. I hope he takes better care of his body. He does not have to "stage dive" to be Iggy Pop.

I think if we want to see him on stage for years to come, Iggy Pop needs to stay on that stage and let the audience come to him.

Just my humble opinion.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Natalie wrote:
Patrick,

I hope he is not being flippant. I hope he takes better care of his body. He does not have to "stage dive" to be Iggy Pop.

I think if we want to see him on stage for years to come, Iggy Pop needs to stay on that stage and let the audience come to him.

Just my humble opinion.

Natalie

He could stand in one spot the whole night and still be better than 99% of the rest of the rock vocalists, at least to me.

He's wrecked his body enough for us. But I also doubt he will change to much until he physically has to.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Studioguy,

That's it in a nutshell. He is at that point. He's been having back issues since his 40's. You are correct, he could just stand there, LOL. I'm not suggesting he stand still. I am only suggesting that the time has come for him to stop beating himself up on stage.

But then, he hardly ever listened to me when I saw him all the time. I know he would not listen to me now. I can only hope he uses that near genius brain he has and stops.

Natalie

Last edited by Natalie on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 am

Those of you who do have his ear, suggest they try Mike Watt's routine at the Jam for Ron Asheton at the Roxy earlier this year as a regular show feature. Mike yelled "who knows the words to 'I Wanna Be Your Dog?'" whereupon he pulled one of the eager fans onstage to karaoke it Stooges style. Win-win: this would be a validation of fans with the notorious Stooges' dangerous unpredictabliity built in, and it could be a one-song breather for a singer in pain.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 am

Quote :

i meant i hope he's being flippant about how he hurt himself, not about stopping his stage antics

i agree wholeheartedly with both statements that he should - for want of a better phrase - 'act his age' lol - not really but i mean he should take better care of himself - and if that means less movement etc then so be it and second that he could just stand on stage and be better than everyone moving - he should do his old routine of sitting on the stage and just rolling around

watching some of that old footage, i think iggys more energetic now than then; maybe they just didnt catch the more active moments but i think danny fields might be right that they are more vital now and more energetic now - well on the last tour

HJW
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 am

Perdu wrote:
Those of you who do have his ear, suggest they try Mike Watt's routine at the Jam for Ron Asheton at the Roxy earlier this year as a regular show feature. Mike yelled "who knows the words to 'I Wanna Be Your Dog?'" whereupon he pulled one of the eager fans onstage to karaoke it Stooges style. Win-win: this would be a validation of fans with the notorious Stooges' dangerous unpredictabliity built in, and it could be a one-song breather for a singer in pain.

As much as that would be a fan's dream I think that idea is ridiculous. "I Wanna Be Your Dog" is a highlight at Stooges concerts as it probably the greatest song ever written. I'd far rather Iggy sang it with meaning rather than the audience did karaoke.I can see it working at a tribute gig but not an actual Stooges performance. I think everybody in the audience would just be jealous of them anyway. The crowd invasion already allows the audience to participate and allows Iggy to have a rest, "sing with The Stooges" is just silly.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 am

G, F# and E, what song would you pick instead? I mentioned the one time I had seen this done. alien
Back to top Go down
THEWIN

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Yeah the inductions are always cut to shit on the rebroadcasts.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Perdu,

Just my 2 cents on the subject of karaoke with the Stooges.

If you remember at the jam, Mike asked twice for somebody to sing. The second time, there were no takers and Mike sang " No Fun" himself. He did a great job, I might add! It was also great fun to see the faux Iggy sing with the Stooges.

Mike and the rest of the guys fooling around at the jam was fine and lots of fun. However, at at a Stooge gig, people come to see the Stooges and hear Iggy sing. I know I would be disappointed if anybody else sang lead but the infamous Iggy Pop.

As much as I appreciate your suggestion to relieve an Iggy in pain, I don't think that is the way to do it. My humble opinion would be for Iggy to not stage dive and just be careful of his back and legs while performing.

Now, bring on those London gigs, I am really getting excited!

Natalie

P.S. Sorry for going off topic
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:54 pm

I would suggest that they didn't do the karaoke at all, I completely agree with Nat here - Ig can just take it a bit easier, his performace will still be great.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Then brainstorm--- even young professional athletes have to be pulled aside for breaks and whatever remedies their physicians concoct for them mid-game or mid-bout, and who the hell is more active onstage than the Ig? Tiki Some concessions to that ultimate enemy of rock - the passage of time - should be made so that he can continue for as long as he wants to in optimum health. Exercise and (hypothetical) oxygen tanks can only accomplish so much.
Back to top Go down
THEWIN

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 pm

I just wanna hear and see the Stooges for as long as possible for them (and us)!!!! Canning the stage dives is fine!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Induction
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5