Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Induction

Go down 
+39
Aku
sway
marinesgdb
neven
mark
Iguanas
Petrie Terrace
Gimme some skin
james matlock
stooges
mc
trailerborn
soldier
heavy liquid
napalm_cheetah
Loose1969
harmonia
Nadja
jneilnyc
homesickjameswilliamson
Radiobirdman73
larry fine
iggy-fan
Perdu
Tyronehell
jpod
ElRoi
popmansam
adams66
JW82
TeddyB1018
Natalie
dereksee
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Shakes
Rode Hard
cb
the5thramone37
studioguy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

The Induction - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 pm

My eyes!!!!!
If you're feeling particularly masochistic ElRoi, check out the Jonas Bros cover of 'Superstition'.
I weep for the children...

Other than Hunter S. Thompson's brutal Nixon epitath ("His body should have been burned in a trash bin" etc.) and maybe some of Matt Tabibi's recent pieces on the Wall Street meltdown, Rolling Stone is totally useless and has been since the dawn of Reagan. But so has the (mainstream) record industry.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Have uploaded the Genesis and Stooges segments for you, didnt edit G out yet, thought you wouldn't mind, its abour halfway throught the video (.mpg 1) Download time is only a few minutes for me with FIOS.

http://iggypop.org/iggynews.html

cb sunny
http://iggypop.org
http://straightjameswilliamson.com
http://www.robertmatheu.com
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 pm

trailerborn wrote:
Other than Hunter S. Thompson's brutal Nixon epitath ("His body should have been burned in a trash bin" etc.) and maybe some of Matt Tabibi's recent pieces on the Wall Street meltdown, Rolling Stone is totally useless and has been since the dawn of Reagan. But so has the (mainstream) record industry.

As for covering politics, they have done fairly well. However, when it comes to music they are pretty much complete shit. Unfortunately, that is what they are supposed to be covering, music. Real music, not fake crap like the frickin' Jonas Brothers and 80's band Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) trans-gender front-man(?) wannabe (*see below) Adam Lambert. They should just change the name of the magazine, make it a political publication and leave the music coverage to more capable people.

The Induction - Page 4 Img1pr

But again, I digress.

Last edited by ElRoi on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Gimme some skin wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPymzatl2xg

Stooges + old guys in suits and their wives= still good shit.

Just unbelievable. And I mean that in the best way possible. Fiery performance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:54 pm

thanks studioguy!
Back to top Go down
marinesgdb

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Many many thanks Studioguy !
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 pm

ElRoi wrote:
trailerborn wrote:

As for covering politics, they have done fairly well. However, when it comes to music they are pretty much complete shit. Unfortunately, that is what they are supposed to be covering, music. Real music, not fake crap like the frickin' Jonas Brothers and 80's band Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) trans-gender front-man(?) wannabe (*see below) Adam Lambert. They should just change the name of the magazine, make it a political publication and leave the music coverage to more capable people.

But again, I digress.

It's really sad, Rolling Stone was very good in the '70's.

And ElRoi, I needed the eye bleach after the Jonas Bro's covers, thanks a lot Suicide2
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Petrie Terrace wrote:
Also, "God! Girls! Guitars!" has to be one of the most inane pieces of junk ever to grace a magazine cover

I think I've just puked in my mouth a little.. I didn't see it the first time 'cause as soon as I saw that cover I didn't want to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:01 am

napalm_cheetah wrote:
[
I think I've just puked in my mouth a little.. I didn't see it the first time 'cause as soon as I saw that cover I didn't want to look at it.

oh gawd...those covers are AWful. pale
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 am

I'm just glad I could make everyones day by bringing to you all the shear douche baggery that is the JoBros.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:39 am

Thanks Studioguy - that's so great to be able to see the HoF footage. Iggy and Scott's speeches brought a lump to my throat.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:51 am

trailerborn wrote:
Being a dick, I can't help but blame Green Day for all the lame emo crap on the radio and was therefore unable to listen to his speech. Wish they'd gone with Jayne County or Peaches to really shake up the audience.

The whole idea is to have a recognizable face. Most people know Billy. Sadly enough, most do not know Peaches and almost no one knows Jayne County.

I think they were just trying to demonstrate that the Stooges are STILL an influence on many of today's young(er) musicians.

And Green Day had absolutely nothing to do with the rise of "emo". If the emo kids were listening to Green Day, oh well. The term was first mentioned by Ian Mackaye of Minor Threat, describing bands such as Embrace and Rites of Spring. If anyone is to blame, it should be him. haha...I still don't think he can be blamed for Dashboard Confessional + the like.

I'm not much of a Green Day fan, but still...Billy did a great job.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 am

You're right sway. Maybe I should've said 'bubblegum punk'. The first few times I heard the term 'emo' in the mid-80's it was usually aimed at The Descendents and the Dischord stuff you mentioned. Happily, Mackaye moved on to the greener pastures of Fugazi pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:44 pm

brilliant!!!
i was able to get this on my 2nd attempt at downloading.
cheers studioguy.

notice how iggy was gettiing jittery during scott's speech. he couldnt wait to get rocking.
helluva straight lookin audience to be playin to.
rewind 30 years and i can imagine iggy rolling on the tables and getting in peoples faces. hahaha.

great performances - i really am soooo excited about hammersmith now (and i was really excited before), these guys are gonna blow the roof off the joint!

god loves the stooges
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:46 pm

sway wrote:

I'm not much of a Green Day fan, but still...Billy did a great job.[/quote]

I agree with Sway, - I dont like Greed Day that much, but I think Billy did a great job. I loved his list of bands, ...it was funny.
Oh, and thanks Studioguy....I think James wanted to play "Dog" like Ron did on the first album. Did anyone notice that the guitar solo in "Dog" .. was really close to Ron's orginal solo ?
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah, I thought it was a good faithful rendition, with the wah and all. Got to hand it to James for paying respect where it's due.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Dave Alexander   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Just curious if anyone from Dave's family was there and excepted his award?

I think I saw who I think was Kathy Asheton in the audience for Ron.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Dave was an only child and I'm not sure if his parents are still with us. I did meet them a few times when Dave was in the hospital.

Yes, Kathy was there at the table.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Cant help but thinking that if Ron were still alive Dara would have been there too.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Music is life
And
Life is not a business

Good qoute by Iggy
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Yes, tompa67, that was an excellent thought by Mr Pop. Reminded me of the Jim I used to know back in the day. It made me a bit teary from missing that man.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:52 pm

Quote :
Yes, tompa67, that was an excellent thought by Mr Pop. Reminded me of the Jim I used to know back in the day. It made me a bit teary from missing that man.

I know this isn't exactly what you're speaking about Natalie, but you reminded me about it

Did anyone else think there was something of the younger iggy in his moves and the way he sang and stuff; maybe it was having just watched the clips from the early 70s but he looked younger or more energetic - maybe its just me

yeh, the band had a lot of great one-liners that night; "god loves the stooges" "show'em you're not too rich to be cool" "music is life, and life is not a business" etc

they were very funny and moving too, i think they pulled it off - by which i mean they remained cool while being inducted into a snobby, pretentious, self-righteous society like the RNRHOF - im actually surprised they havent kicked them out yet lol
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:23 am

It's all on youtube now, here's the links.

Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:18 pm

Touching to see Iggy get choked up at the end of his speech.

Scott's speech was the show stealer, though. The man is ice cool.
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 am

They really killed S+D. Great job....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Induction
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next