Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Induction

Go down 
+39
Aku
sway
marinesgdb
neven
mark
Iguanas
Petrie Terrace
Gimme some skin
james matlock
stooges
mc
trailerborn
soldier
heavy liquid
napalm_cheetah
Loose1969
harmonia
Nadja
jneilnyc
homesickjameswilliamson
Radiobirdman73
larry fine
iggy-fan
Perdu
Tyronehell
jpod
ElRoi
popmansam
adams66
JW82
TeddyB1018
Natalie
dereksee
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Shakes
Rode Hard
cb
the5thramone37
studioguy
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

The Induction - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 pm

tanks man
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks for the upload studioguy.
Scotty's speech and Iggy's callout to the MC5 were the highlights for me.
Looks like they used the Kral footage after all.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 pm

I've watch it again and it was everything for which anyone could ask. I agree that they could have selected someone else to induct them, but that's the way it goes. At least Green Day had played with Iggy on the Skull Ring album, so it was somewhat appropriate and if him doing it brings some new, young fans into the Stooges fan base then it was probably worth it. Iggy, Scott and James all seemed to be honestly humbled by finally being excepted after so many years of great music and the hard work thereof going unappreciated by most of the industry.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks Studioguy! Yeah good to see the Kral footage and I think bits of the Saginaw footage that hadn't been shown before.

Funny that they fuzzed out Iggy's finger on the Murder of the Virgin photos!
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:24 pm

wow first stooges video with thurston THANX
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:28 pm

thanks very much for that. Who does Billy Green Day pass his guitar off to toward the end of Dog?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Studioguy,

Watched it 3 times now and just wanted to say thanks again.

By any chance, did you also tape the prees stuff afterward? I viewed a crappy version on you tube Monday night and sure would like to see it with the same clarity and sound as the actual induction.

Maybe? Please?

Thanks, Natalie
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Is this the one you saw Nat? It's the complete, uncensored interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxY_Y09qNGo
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Elroi,

That one I had not seen yet. Thanks for it.

A big thank you to Outburst who provided the link to Elroi. Very Happy

Natalie

P.S. Studioguy, never mind!
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:12 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPymzatl2xg

Stooges + old guys in suits and their wives= still good shit.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:37 pm

more deep thoughts:
-was the blonde stage invasion dancer the same woman who danced at Brian Jonestown Massacre's Worst. Showcase. Ever. in the movie "Dig?" Sure looks like.
-Iggy has a great hair colorist
-James' sly grin at Eddie Vedder notable
-'cos Eddie Vedder turns out to be a great alt-freak dancer
-based upon the backstage interview, poor Mike Watt really needs a good chiropractor
-I think Iggy has found one since Planeta Terra, Brazil
bounce
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Many thanks Studioguy, it's genuinely appreciated!

First teary moment "God loves the Stooges, peace". Second one, I Wanna Be Your Dog, and the Stooges showing a room full of the living dead what it feels like to be alive.

The stark contrast between what was coming off the stage, especially once Steve really got going, and the uncomfortable postures, and rictus smiles, of the audience, was a joy to behold. For a few minutes there the lunatics really had taken over the asylum.

Credit to the maybe ten or so audience members who showed they can still forgot who they "are" long enough to play second-fiddle to someone else, and who actually got up off their arses and danced.

The 2011 inductions are going to look pretty lame after that.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Thanks Studioguy!
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Petrie Terrace wrote:
Definitely.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Petrie Terrace wrote:
Many thanks Studioguy, it's genuinely appreciated!

First teary moment "God loves the Stooges, peace". Second one, I Wanna Be Your Dog, and the Stooges showing a room full of the living dead what it feels like to be alive.

The stark contrast between what was coming off the stage, especially once Steve really got going, and the uncomfortable postures, and rictus smiles, of the audience, was a joy to behold. For a few minutes there the lunatics really had taken over the asylum.

Credit to the maybe ten or so audience members who showed they can still forgot who they "are" long enough to play second-fiddle to someone else, and who actually got up off their arses and danced.

I had a few teary moments, but the "God loves the Stooges, peace" line gave me goose bumps and chills, Scott is now the coolest Stooge, at least for me.

The aud was really funny, it was like the really old footage of the aud recoiling in terror from Iggy all over again!!
Gold dress woman had my gf and myself really laughing, it was completely strange and out of place and yet perfect at the same time!!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:12 pm

I think Billy the kid turned out to be a great choice. Guess he's not really that young--what is he 38? Still that's young to me. Somebody relatively fresh and new. Not some old dinosaur we've already seen and heard from at that show. Young people love the Stooges. And he was REALLY excited to be there.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Being a dick, I can't help but blame Green Day for all the lame emo crap on the radio and was therefore unable to listen to his speech. Wish they'd gone with Jayne County or Peaches to really shake up the audience.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:38 pm

james matlock wrote:
thanks very much for that. Who does Billy Green Day pass his guitar off to toward the end of Dog?

It was Mike McCready of Pearl Jam.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:52 pm

studioguy wrote:
I had a few teary moments, but the "God loves the Stooges, peace" line gave me goose bumps and chills, Scott is now the coolest Stooge, at least for me.

The aud was really funny, it was like the really old footage of the aud recoiling in terror from Iggy all over again!!
Gold dress woman had my gf and myself really laughing, it was completely strange and out of place and yet perfect at the same time!!

Couldn't agree more, re Scott. He kept it simple, said it straight, and left it at that.

Re the audience, the thing that amazed me was their reaction was actually worse than that of people in clips from forty years ago. But I guess the average teenager, from whatever era, is always going to have the edge on a room full of people with reputations to think of. That'll teach them for being ostentatious enough to get a table right by the stage.

I've watched the interview clip too now, and the fact that it begins with the Hollies clearly audible in the background singing "I've never felt like this, I'm alive!" really put a smile on my face. My one tiny regret? When the journalist asks Iggy "Did you donate anything to the RRHF?", he should have replied "We just made our donation".

P.S. I didn't think it was possible for me to have less respect for the RRHF than I did before, what's less than "none"? But ... if what is on Nervousnorvus's Houndblog is true, and "Danny had to tell Iggy before hand not to mention his last name as whenever he gets mentioned in full, his name gets beeped out", then I have just found out what less than "none" is. It's utter disgust.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:06 pm

In retro, its also the most publicity the stooges have gotten, ever. Even our little sad, ass north florida newspaper had iggy on the cover the day before. And as ive said before, once someone watches the real thing, its hard to watch the same oldcrap.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks for the vid Studioguy!

James seems incredibly nervous, bless him.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on the Houndblog piece, PT. I don't see the problem with Danny Fields. It's not like the guy brought us the Stooges, MC5 & Ramones or anything.

Jann Wenner's idea of rock includes Art Gunfunkel and all the granola crap the Stooges laid waste to, so screw him and his cronies at the RRHOF.

Another unseen '71 Stooges pic up on the Houndblog also (Zettner, Cheatham etc.)
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:33 pm

trailerborn wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up on the Houndblog piece, PT. I don't see the problem with Danny Fields. It's not like the guy brought us the Stooges, MC5 & Ramones or anything.

Jann Wenner's idea of rock includes Art Gunfunkel and all the granola crap the Stooges laid waste to, so screw him and his cronies at the RRHOF.

Another unseen '71 Stooges pic up on the Houndblog also (Zettner, Cheatham etc.)

I know it is sacrilege to post these on the Stooges site, but it just had to be done in order to validate trailerborn's premise. So,...

Let's not forget Mr. Wenner's favorite boy toys:

The Induction - Page 3 26958415804a38c6f260o

The Induction - Page 3 Rollingstonecoverjonas

Would you ever allow yourself to be photographed looking like such a bunch of absolute douche bags, twice for god's sake, for the cover of an international publication?

I just wonder how long it will be before good ol' Jann starts trying to get those tool bags nominated and inducted into the RRHOF?
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Those are truly ugly, ElRoi.

That last one is only a "Choose Life" t-shirt away from being the start of a Wham revival, and I'm shuddering just at the thought.

Also, "God! Girls! Guitars!" has to be one of the most inane pieces of junk ever to grace a magazine cover, and that really is saying something. I was instantly reminded of this line from Eric Burdon ...

"Sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll were replaced by AIDS, Prozac, and Michael Bolton"
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Petrie Terrace wrote:
Those are truly ugly, ElRoi.

That last one is only a "Choose Life" t-shirt away from being the start of a Wham revival, and I'm shuddering just at the thought.

FUUUUNNY!

And guess how many times the Stooges or even Iggy alone ever allowed onto the cover's of Mr. Wenner now all-but-a-rag of a magazine? I'm sure everyone knows it was exactly ZERO times.

I guess they were to busy promoting and edifying completely talentless ass clown, jiz bags like this:

The Induction - Page 3 Adamlambertrollingstone

This is what passes for Rock N' Roll in Jann Wenner's world. However, I digress. I am way off the threads intended subject and I apologize. I didn't mean to "whip the horse's eyes."

Last edited by ElRoi on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Induction   The Induction - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Induction
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next