Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo

Go down 
+34
Shakes
Chazz Avery
johnnybeat
request71
loranpop
cantona7
gazatthebop
coffeepotman
mark
jerrythebarman
heypeter
Hectorlovesthestooges
Luzern
kingwayne
JTV
pernil
trailerborn
Nightclubbing
woody
sizeable bulge
osterbergermeister
andrew
jpstooges
TeddyB1018
mc
adams66
homesickjameswilliamson
Donald
StoogesFan
studioguy
fabrice
blackout88
neven
mghifi
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:07 pm

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/iggy-the-iguana-de-banda-etiqueta-negra/512468-01/

Head on over and hear Niggerman in all of its extended glory, the lyrics clearly identify this as the infamous number. And you wonder why they left this off the box set ....
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:59 pm

blackout88 wrote:
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/iggy-the-iguana-de-banda-etiqueta-negra/512468-01/

Head on over and hear Niggerman in all of its extended glory, the lyrics clearly identify this as the infamous number. And you wonder why they left this off the box set ....
Well there ya go!  On here I think Iggy's voice sounds very similar to Gimme Some Skin so who knows it could be a little earlier than the other tracks.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:02 pm

sizeable bulge wrote:
Richard
Could they be an unreleased Bomp tape?  
I highly doubt it. In terms of quality Stooges material, Bomp essentially shot its wad over a decade ago with the Wild Love CD. It was basically a closet cleaning of everything quality they had left of the band. Nothing has been heard of The Iguana Chronicles since then. And while Bomp did things over the years  that left you shaking your head, like the overdubbed crowd applause on California Bleeding or the claim on the Open Up And Bleed! CD that the studio material was from master tapes when it was an obvious needle drop, I think overall Bomp helped carry on the legacy of the band. I was sorry to see The Iguana Chronicles end, personally.[/quote]

Maybe something James Williamson kept a hold of all these years? It's his guitar on the album cover I believe.
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Ordered my vinyl copy today. Judging by the extended samples on Juno, it sounds like a cracking collection. I'm with you MC, I'd say that judging by the quality of Niggerman and Death Trip, I would tack them onto the Olympic sessions - Period.

E-Mailed Williamson about the record and his thoughts on it. Will be interesting since he's always denied the existence of Niggerman.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 am

blackout88 wrote:
Ordered my vinyl copy today. Judging by the extended samples on Juno, it sounds like a cracking collection. I'm with you MC, I'd say that judging by the quality of Niggerman and Death Trip, I would tack them onto the Olympic sessions - Period.

E-Mailed Williamson about the record and his thoughts on it. Will be interesting since he's always denied the existence of Niggerman.
Oops,hopefully he's not gonna bam this record?
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:28 am

Wow that sounds fantastic. So so good to hear. Thanks for the heads up and fingers crossed there's a chance to get a hold of a copy. Amazing!
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:36 am

There is no way these are the Olympic sessions. Listen to the sound of the guitar and drums - they are identical to those tracks we know for sure were recorded at CBS.

Iggy has stated many times that the original tracks for Raw Power were rejected by Tony DeFries with the exception of Search & Destroy and the riff to Tight Pants. This suggests that at least some of the Olympic tracks must have been submitted at that time, and would also suggest that an early version of S&D has been lost somewhere. The band were therefore sent back to the studio to record new stuff. Is there any evidence that Death Trip or Hard To Beat even existed prior to the CBS session? I believe that due to a lack of available material they would have been forced to write new stuff while in the studio itself. This would account for the work-in-progress sound of these two tracks on this bootleg. In contrast, there is no evidence of any work-in-progress tracks on the Olympic tapes. There are multiple versions of I Got A Right, but the song was obviously complete and ready for recording.

I am happy to be proven wrong on this (for example, if James comes up with the true story) but I really think this is the most likely scenario.

Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:16 am

StoogesFan wrote:
There is no way these are the Olympic sessions.
Yes I agree. I wish I hadn't even brought up the Olympic sessions now :-)
StoogesFan wrote:
Is there any evidence that Death Trip or Hard To Beat even existed prior to the CBS session? I believe that due to a lack of available material they would have been forced to write new stuff while in the studio itself. This would account for the work-in-progress sound of these two tracks on this bootleg.
I've still only heard the samples, but I'm not hearing Hard To Beat/Pretty Face in the instrumental sample. Perhaps it's more obvious from the whole track though...
Back to top Go down
Nightclubbing

Nightclubbing

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm

What puzzles me, apart from the content, is the language of the titles: they are in Spanish, but it seems from South America, and contains translation and grammar errors. Even for a bootleg is wrong ...
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:44 pm

blackout88 wrote:

I've got a copy of the LP now. I'm not 100% sure, but I think "Doojiman" off the box set is actually this same recording edited down, rather than being a different take.
I still don't recognise "Buscar Y Autodestruccion" as anything I'm previously familiar with.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm

I was wondering if Dooji meant anything so I looked it up!

[i]Dooji  

Noun/Verb.
Indulging very passionately in the act of sexual intercourse preferably with an animal.For e.g a horse.
Sexual intercourse or in simpler terms-To fuck.

Get off the horse,it's my turn to dooji![/i]
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 am

Here's how I hear these

#1 Search and Destroy might be the UK cassette version,
#2 Gimme Danger slightly different mix,
#3 is really interesting!! Penetration way up tempo with different words,
#4 no idea on this!!??!! slightly like S&D, Scott's a beast on this!!,
#5 Tight Pants no vocals cuts,
#6 Raw Power with more BG vocals different mix,
#7 I need Somebody WAY more bass and drums, no vocals alt take I think,
#8 Death Trip different vocals and lyrics,
#9 Another new one Ni**er Man different than Dojiaman
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
blackout88

blackout88

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:46 am

Is Penetration in any way similar to 'I'm Hungry' from the box set? Also, any chance of a needle drop!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 am

blackout88 wrote:
Is Penetration in any way similar to 'I'm Hungry' from the box set? Also, any chance of a needle drop!
It's very similar but totally different vocals. Hearing I'm Hungry again, I wonder if Iggy put some new vocals on this.

Working on a digital copy and might have it done in a few days
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 am

studioguy wrote:
blackout88 wrote:
It's very similar but totally different vocals.  Hearing I'm Hungry again, I wonder if Iggy put some new vocals on this.

Working on a digital copy and might have it done in a few days
Cool! My turntable is inconvenient...
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:49 am

This is best set of RP demos I've ever heard. What a gold mine!

The acoustic 'Gimmie Danger' sounds like the one Iggy is listening to on the RP DVD.

Could this be the fabled 'R.G. Jones at Wimbeldon' demo?

Can't wait to hear more than just snippets.

'Penetracion' rules!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:59 am

trailerborn wrote:
This is best set of RP demos I've ever heard. What a gold mine!

The acoustic 'Gimmie Danger' sounds like the one Iggy is listening to on the RP DVD.

Can't wait to hear more than just snippets.

'Penetracion' rules!
I just hope there is more where this came from!!
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:09 am

check bootleg section (stooges/audio)
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:46 pm

studioguy wrote:
#9 Another new one Ni**er Man different than Dojiaman
Having compared the vinyl rip of this track with Doojiman, I'm now sure that both are the same recording, but the latter is edited down.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:20 pm

trailerborn wrote:

No, it is not the RG Jones tape. The sound of these tracks makes it certain they were all recorded during the Raw Power sessions at CBS Studio. However, I am reasonably certain they are not taken from the same tape. My take on these tracks is as follows:

Search and Destroy
Gimme Danger

Taken from the so-called ‘Embassy Reels’ which were used for at least some of the original vinyl pressings. These were the tracks that were most likely intended for inclusion on the Legacy Edition before somebody screwed up.

Raw Power

An earlier, rejected mix.

Shake Appeal
I Need Somebody

Alternate takes awaiting Iggy’s vocal overdub. Not needed once work was started on the versions that were eventually released

Penetration
Death Trip

Earlier, work-in-progress versions.

“Mystery Track”

Although the riff is different, the tempo and ‘feel’ of this track give me strong indications that it eventually evolved into Hard to Beat. We know from the versions of Penetration and Death Trip that the band were working on some tracks while in the recording studio, and it is reasonable to assume Hard to Beat evolved in the same way.

Ni**er Man

Iggy has stated that this track was originally recorded at the RG Jones session, but there is no indication whether it formed part of the originally submitted tape for the album which was rejected by Tony Defries. If DeFries did reject the track at that time it would suggest that this later CBS recording was done purely to break up the monotony. However, if DeFries had not rejected the track it may possibly have been intended for the album but rejected later by MainMan or the record company.

I would be interested in any other opinions about these tracks.

Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Quote :
Shake Appeal
I Need Somebody

Alternate takes awaiting Iggy’s vocal overdub. Not needed once work was started on the versions that were eventually released
I'm wondering if "I Need Somebody" isn't the official track without electric guitars. Ron and Scott are in perfect time, the acoustic is off in places and could be an overdub
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Very exciting to hear these tracks! They're clearly from the CBS album sessions, as have been established here. Difficult to understand why they weren't released on the RP box.

Per
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:55 am

Many, many thanks jpstooges!

Nice to hear more of Ron's bass.
Can't believe we got a crappy 'Louie Louie' when that crankin' proto-'Hard to Beat' was lying around.

In defence of N****r Man:
I think they were going for a White Panthers/Lester Bangs vibe that would be woefully misunderstood in the 21'st century.
Back to top Go down
JTV

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:21 am

Here is my spin on the already famous boot.
I agree with all that this is one of the best Stooges discoveries in recent times!

What I haven't read so far is that the speed of the recordings are inconsistent and going from correct speed to high speed to normal speed and occasional lower speed. This makes me think the source used for this vinyl is from an old cassette tape. Having said that, the sound quality is excellent and it is my guess that whoever released this record owned the master tape or a dubbed copy of the master. There is nearly no tape hiss between the recordings.

I've been collection Stooges recordings since 1985 and have heard/ own a lot of different takes/versions of the songs. Search & Destroy, Gimme Danger and Raw Power sound familiar to me, either being the UK cassette tape mix, Embassy vinyl mix or Shake Appeal bootleg mix. Need to listen to those recordings again.

Below my analyses of the album.
Side 1 (as per matrix number in centre of vinyl)

Search & Destroy. 3.12 min. Tape speed inconsistent throughout song
Gimme Danger. 3.25 min. Tape speed inconsistent at start of song
Penetration. 4.13min. Early version with experimental vocals ("baby baby, I'm In Love")
Instrumental of unknown Song. 3.58 min. Inconsistent tape speed throughout song
Tight Pants, Instrumental. 1.24 min. Inconsistent tape speed throughout song.

Side 2 (as per matrix number in centre of vinyl)

Raw Power. 4.47min Iggy burps at start of song. Tape speed inconsistent throughout song
I Need Somebody, Instrumental. 3.58min
Death Trip. 4.40min Early version with experimental vocals. Tape speed inconsistent throughout song
Nigger Man. 7.21 min. Early(?) version of Dooije Man. You can clearly hear Iggy singing "I'm A Nigger Man".

Whoever released this thing, thank you for the early Xmas gift. All we need now is someone with plenty of time and the right software to do the speed corrections on this tape and we have the best outtakes set since the Funhouse box set!
Back to top Go down
kingwayne

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:38 pm

What "bootleg section"? There is not bootleg section here on this forum? Where did you put the tracks??
Back to top Go down
http://www.brunok.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next