Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo

Go down 
+34
Shakes
Chazz Avery
johnnybeat
request71
loranpop
cantona7
gazatthebop
coffeepotman
mark
jerrythebarman
heypeter
Hectorlovesthestooges
Luzern
kingwayne
JTV
pernil
trailerborn
Nightclubbing
woody
sizeable bulge
osterbergermeister
andrew
jpstooges
TeddyB1018
mc
adams66
homesickjameswilliamson
Donald
StoogesFan
studioguy
fabrice
blackout88
neven
mghifi
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 am

I now have the LP. Ordered it here: http://www.bisaufsmesser.com/store/records/lp/11775/iguana-de-banda-etiqueta-negra-de-lugo-lp Store is based in Berlin. From the Shopping Cart you can pay with PayPal, not need to register with the store.

Earlier in this thread somebody mentioned that there are problems with the speed on these recordings. I do not hear any problems on my vinyl, everything sounds perfect. This does not sound like a bootleg at all, this sounds like an official release. As good as, or maybe even better than the 2010 remaster of Raw Power! So whoever released this had access to the original tape(s). Some of the online samples are in mono, the LP is in stereo. It sounds as if you're in the same room with Iggy and the band. This is a must-have for everyone who loves the Stooges. One of the most important Stooges albums.

The sleeve is made out of heavy brown cardboard, like for an old-school bootleg LP. I also like the design a lot. Again very old-school, 1970s style bootleg design.

If Iggy is behind this, then thank you, muchas gracias, Iguana!
Back to top Go down
heypeter

heypeter

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:59 am

That's great, could you send me the songs?
Also the names are wrong, I mean, I know they're in portuguese or something but, the names don't match with the songs..

Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 am

Luzern wrote:
This is a must-have for everyone who loves the Stooges. One of the most important Stooges albums.
Couldn't agree more, it's stunning.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Luzern wrote:
Is that Spanish TV show with Iggy speaking Spanish on youtube?
Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:34 pm

heypeter wrote:
That's great, could you send me the songs?
Also the names are wrong, I mean, I know they're in portuguese or something but, the names don't match with the songs..
The songs are here: https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com/t3774-etiqueta-negra-de-lugo-vinyl-rip

Songtitles:

La seleccion = this is not a songtitle, but simply means "The Tracklist"
Side One:
Busque y destruyase = Search And Destroy
Gimme peligro = Gimme Danger
Penetracion = Penetration
Buscar y autodestruccion = Search And Autodestruction
Agita apelacion =  Shake Appeal
Side Two:
Potencia en bruto = Raw Power
Necesito alguin = I Need Somebody
Muerte viaje = Death Trip
Hombre de negro = N****r Man
Back to top Go down
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:57 pm

My copy should be arriving any day, can't wait. Just wondering: is anyone familiar with the Facebook page called, I believe, Iggy Pop's Private Tape Stash, which was providing clues for a few months and finally posted a picture of this boot a week or so ago? I can't check FB right now as I'm at work and FB is blocked on our computers but that may lend further credence to the theory that the band are behind this.
Back to top Go down
Nightclubbing

Nightclubbing

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:27 am

The fb page is called Iggy's Private Tape Stash Appreciation Page

Today also commented this boot on fb Easyactionrecords Carlton
Back to top Go down
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 am

Yes, he said they were approaching the band about releasing it on Easy Action.
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 am

Great news on the potential Easy Action release, who knows what else the band may have lying around! Personally, I would love Raw Power to get the full Box Set treatment in the same vein as Funhouse, who knows what else is lying around, I'm still holding out for a studio version of Fresh Rag!
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 pm

blackout88 wrote:
I'm still holding out for a studio version of Fresh Rag!
I read somewhere that "Fresh Rag" was probably recorded at those sessions too... now that would be awesome!!!

Talking about the 1971 tunes, according to Carlton Easyaction, the song "N*ggerman" is actually "Dead Body". But I think he got wrong and he was referring to "Big Time Bum".
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:45 pm

The front cover photo is by Robert Matheu and you'd imagine that if this was slipped out by Iggy & JW they may well use one of his photos, he being semi-official Stooges photographer.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:22 am

Managed to download and listen today. Brilliant stuff - a major find!

I wonder if S&D, Gimme Danger and Raw Power are the same as any of the Rough Power mixes? I don't have my copy of that stuff to hand so can't check, but from memory there were two versions of S&D on there - one with lots of "hey"s, the other of which certainly faded in like this one does.

So it's fairly clear that Doojiman is basically Niggerman minus the first couple of minutes, with a few elements (eg the effect at the end of Nman, which ended up at the start of Dman) shoved around a bit. Anyone else notice that the first verse Iggy sings here is also the first verse of Wooly Bully?

Anyone worked out whether the instrumental matches any of the little instrumental snippets that have emerged before? Eg the backward part that's on that radio broadcast tape?
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 am

@mark: some tracks from "Rough Power" (such as S&D with the "hey") can be found here with much better sound quality: http://whitetrashsoul.blogspot.fr/2013/02/iggy-stooges-unrough-powder-trueborn.html (this is not my blog but I did the vinyl transfer and artwork). You will also find the original UK version of Search & Destroy. The version on "Etiqueta Negra De Lugo" is the same, but was sourced from an inferior tape (and runs way too fast).
jp
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Love your artwork on Unrough Powder JP. That back cover shot of Ron is very groovy.

Long Live WTS and thanks for your work. cheers 
Back to top Go down
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 pm

Wow, been gone for awhile and come back to find this gem! Who knows what else is out there. Thank you for uploading, I'm really digging the instrumentals
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:17 am

Well, I've been playing around with these tracks in Adobe Audition to try and speed-correct them as many/most of them seem to run fast to some degree. Where possible I've compared them to the officially released versions as a guide. These were my findings:

Search & Destroy - needed stretching to 103% of its original length, but circulates in better quality anyway
Gimme Danger - no correction needed
Penetration - 103% again (used a guitar tuner to compare the pitch of the guitar with the official version)
Raw Power - 101%

The rest were harder to do anything with as there wasn't an official release of the same take to compare them with. Comparing them by ear I don't hear much difference in pitch, so they're probably all about right. Admittedly I don't have the most musical of ears, so someone might be able to set me right here...
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 am

piccadilly records manchester uk still have copies, got myself one yesterday
Back to top Go down
cantona7

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:47 am

thanks jp the rips of etiqueta negra de lugo and unrough powder are just the business, just burnt myself a cd with them both on which sounds great. got me thinking the real raw power boxset would be 1. bowie mix, 2.georgia peaches, 3. the cd I've just burnt as 'outakes', 4. the olympic sessions, and 5. the whole of iggy's 96 remix done the same way as gimme danger and pretty face were done for the raw power box, i.e. not mastered too hot and 'in the red', those two sound brilliant mastered properly imho
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:03 pm

the whole iggy 96 remix was mastered properly on the Raw Power double lp on music on vnyl 2 years ago
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:01 pm

neven wrote:
the whole iggy 96 remix was mastered properly on the Raw Power double lp on music on vnyl 2 years ago

Yeah and it finally sounds really good on this. The CD is appalling, full of digital distortion which makes me tired just listening to it.
But the vinyl version, which has everything turned down a tad to bearable levels, sounds tremendous.
Wish the reworked Iggy mix was available on CD too as there must be loads of people without a turntable who'll never hear it.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
cantona7

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:16 pm

thanks richard, thanks neven, I think I was hoping, like you, that they would put a better cd out but in the meantime have ordered the music for vinyl double.

still cant believe the foul-up that occurred on the raw power boxset.

jon.
Back to top Go down
cantona7

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:43 pm

correction I've ordered the sony legacy double vinyl from 2012 as I've read elsewhere and here that its that one that has the better mastering and not the music for vinyl one.
Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:32 pm

cantona7 wrote:
correction I've ordered the sony legacy double vinyl from 2012 as I've read elsewhere and here that its that one that has the better mastering and not the music for vinyl one.

Never heard of the Sony double lp,are you shure it's not the Music for vinyl one?
Please keep us informed.
Back to top Go down
cantona7

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:21 pm

the sony legacy one was released in 2012 for record store day and as far as I can make out the music on vinyl release was from 2010. there are quite a few posts about these releases on the steve hoffman music forum. some of that gets quite techy but people on there say the legacy one was mastered by kevin grey whereas the mov one was mastered by marc wilder. the sony legacy sounds good to me, bowie mix is just like the 2010 cd and the iggy mix loses the digital distortion that ruins the 1997 cd release and sounds like the gimme danger and pretty face on cd 3 of the deluxe version from 2010 which was what I wanted to hear
Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:10 am

Tnx for your info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo   Etiqueta Negra de Lugo - Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iguana De Banda Etiqueta Negra De Lugo
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next