Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges gig list

Go down 
+39
emmho
951Sib
ggriffin
sweet_sixteen
jneilnyc
tromster
PineappleExpress
iggy
redsock
TED
larry fine
23rd Express
Shakes
opaloka
MJG196
neven
james matlock
comaman
G, F#, E
pernil
Iguanas
Chazz Avery
zenta138
jimmyo
JW82
albeyourmirror
Angusyd van Hyman
all-vox-man
Nadja
mc
popmansam
iggy-fan
homesickjameswilliamson
sheddy
adams66
heavy liquid
the5thramone37
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Funhousehideaway#2
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Stooges gig list - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:45 am

In terms of nailing the exact date down, near impossible. Once again
the best bet is it was recorded in September of 1973 at the Whiskey.
They played there a lot during that month, yet that's about all I can say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:00 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Jim and I would really like to update the list w. missing gigs or dates - please mail us w. info! The list is fairly complete 1968-69, probably less so 1970, more complete 1971-72, missing some late 1973-early 1974 gigs, but I don't think we're missing more than 20-30 gigs altogether. An estimate. Per Nilsen
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:31 pm

Funhousehideaway#2 wrote:
But I do know this- they played "I wanna be your dog" for a Philadelphia TV station in 1969 live. It was either aired or filed away. No one knows what happened to the footage. This was footage of the band before their first album or soon thereafter. If memory serves me right it was the day of or the day before they played the Electric Factory with Buddy Miles.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I really do hope that the footage was filed away and someone unearths it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:59 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
But I do know this- they played "I wanna be your dog" for a Philadelphia TV station in 1969 live. It was either aired or filed away. No one knows what happened to the footage. This was footage of the band before their first album or soon thereafter. If memory serves me right it was the day of or the day before they played the Electric Factory with Buddy Miles.

I really do hope that the footage was filed away and someone unearths it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yeh ano!! cant believe that! hopefully someone'll get it out, maybe an extra dvd on unganos, or a new easyaction thing!! heres hopin

its amazing instead of like most bands hoping that these exist, we DO know th unganos is real and this is real etc, unfortunately we cant get it yet!! lol
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Does anybody have any idea what TV station it was?
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:23 am

The show was called The Hy Lit Show after the name of the host of the show, Mr. Hyman Aaron Lit (which apparently passed away last year). He did radio and TV through most of his career and his tv show also had Alice Cooper on in june of 1969, lip-synching 2 tracks from their debut album Pretties For You.

The Alice footage has survived. Hopefully the Stooges stuff has too????

Here's the info on Hy Lit on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hy_Lit
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:16 am

Is there ANY video/footage of the 1973 band w/Williamson?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:30 pm

james matlock wrote:

Yes - 8mins worth recorded at NY Academy 31/12/73 by Ivan Kral.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:36 pm

mc wrote:
As far as I know there are tapes out there of:

Stooges 1st album Outtakes - (further to those on the Rhino 2CD)
Stooges - Unganos 1970 (not sure which date)
Stooges - Chicago 1971 (I'm guessing 17 April - from your list)
Stooges - Birmingham 1971 (known to exist in 1979 - according to liner notes on Matt Gimmick's Detroit Renaissance EP)

Just wanted to update and correct some errors on unreleased Stooges recordings that are rumoured to be out there:

Stooges - 1st album Outtakes - (I'm Sick + ???)
Stooges - Birmingham 1970 (12 December? JWs second gig?)
Stooges - Chicago 1971 (17 April)
Stooges - NY Electric Circus (June 1971)
Stooges - Atlanta 1973
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Quote :

Stooges - Atlanta 1973

damn these have to be released!!! its not fair, esp the 1st album outtakes, 1971 stuff and unganos!

come on Easyaction or Rhino!
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:11 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Quote :

Stooges - Atlanta 1973

damn these have to be released!!! its not fair, esp the 1st album outtakes, 1971 stuff and unganos!

come on Easyaction or Rhino!

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

1974: Stooges gig list - Page 3 Tix-ig10

1977: Stooges gig list - Page 3 Tix-ig11

1977: Stooges gig list - Page 3 Tix-ig12
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:33 am

A suggestion for this gigography: On the Johnny Thunders forum, we have the gig-list as a locked sticky, and a thread for "Corrections/Additions to Gigography." Keeps everything neat and tidy...just like our Stooges!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:06 am

Agreed MG196 - only the 1st post in this thread should be stickied.

Pretty uncool that the ticket from 1974 in Toronto only mentions Iggy and not the Stooges. The band must've been sick as hell about that. Here's another gig poster from 73 that only mentions Iggy:

Stooges gig list - Page 3 1973_p10
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:32 am

Historical point on the above gig, June 8, 1973.
The Stooges had been recently dropped by Mainman and kicked out of their Hollywood home. The gig was canceled. They would live out of a hole in the wall hotel on and off for the next year or two, depending on which member, and ride into infamy from this point on out.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Historical point on the above gig, June 8, 1973.
The Stooges had been recently dropped by Mainman and kicked out of their Hollywood home. The gig was canceled. They would live out of a hole in the wall hotel on and off for the next year or two, depending on which member, and ride into infamy from this point on out.

waow, there is history in that

pity, i know it adds to the legend or legacy, their demise, but imagine if someone had put some money into them or tried

i think it was ron who said, in that big mojo feature from last year, they couldve been "the american stones" and they couldve been - maybe not as mainstream viable r commercialy aceptable but they couldve been big(ger)
Back to top Go down
pernil

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:06 pm

TOLEDO gigs

Can you get the dates for the below Toledo dates? Would make nice additions to Jim's and my Stooges gig list. Any chance you kept tickets or could check old newspapers for details.

>>>The first concert I ever saw was The Stooges in 1970 at the Toledo Sports Arena in Toledo, Ohio (not on the list above). The opening acts were The Frut, The Sunday Funnies and Bob Seger. ... I noticed during Seger's set that Iggy was sitting in the seats to the right of the stage wearing the leopard jacket seen on the back of "Raw Power". When The Stooges hit the stage, Iggy came out painted all silver. It was probably the freakiest thing I had ever seen before.>>>

The above sounds like a 1971 gig. We have a tentative date of 29 May 1971 for a Stooges gig at the Sports Arena, Toledo - could that be it?

>>>I've tried for years to determine the exact date for the show but with no success. "Funhouse" had only been out a short while. All I remember is 1970 in fairly warmer weather. I'm presuming late summer or early autumn.>>>

Could be 29 May, then.

>>>I also saw them twice in 1973 (not on the list above). One was at the Toledo Sports Arena (early in the year). >>>

This sounds unlikely. They didn't really start gigging until June 1973.

>>>The second was during the summer at The Ohio Theater also in Toledo. I know the second was in the summer because I remember it was a hot day. Otherwise, I remember no details except at the second show, we were seated in the second row. Iggy came into the audience while still holding the mic. We had to keep ducking out of the way of the mic chord. >>>

Another mystery.

Per
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:45 am

It would make sense that the Stooges played Toledo quite often as it's an hour down the road. Have looked in vain for these gigs, fall of 70 and late May of 71. No mention in any underground publication out of Detroit nor Cleveland. The archive I go to has no papers from Toledo which sucks because if it did it would take a couple hours to hammer them down. Maybe the Toledo Blade would have some insight on this.
Back to top Go down
opaloka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:28 am

impressive, i just wish there will be some more footage from tese dates...
I only have Midsummer and Gooselake.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:57 am

is gooselake on youtube, i dont think ive seen it before
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 3:30 pm

I believe that this could be Gooselake but I'm not at all certain:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dKnF0coxQ
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:02 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I believe that this could be Gooselake but I'm not at all certain:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dKnF0coxQ

yup.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:30 pm

oh yeh, the hippie festival one, thanks, forgot about it!
Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Stooges Film Footage - 1973   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 pm

james matlock wrote:

Aside from the Ivan Kral 8mm material there is purportedly someone with footage of an entire 1973 show . The person who filmed it when it was done just vanished and was untraceable.

With nothing ever released of this footage thus far to wider collectors circles. The details about this were on the old internet thread that used to deal with the Stooges. Whether it was a first edition video camera or 16mm/8mm cam with sound I'm not sure. Per can you add anything to this tidbit?

Best,

23rd Express
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges gig list   Stooges gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges gig list
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next