Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston

Go down 
+13
mc
G, F#, E
stooge
tompa67
popmansam
Natalie
Dark Horse 77
TeddyB1018
citizensmurf
runningfromthepain
MJG196
studioguy
ElRoi
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:30 am

The Kill City track sounds super. Thanks to both of you for your efforts!
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:49 pm

Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:58 pm

studioguy wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
Now, if we could just get both performances completely remastered by one of these audio wizards...oh,what a wonderful year this would be.

This "Audio Wizard" has been recording bands for the last few days and can barely listen to any music at the moment!!. I hope to get to the re-master on Sat. It should be fun

If you do this, you will be building treasures in Stooges Heaven. Ron and Dave will meet you at the rusted gates with party favors when your time comes. Oh, and Fred "sonic" Smith will be there too. He will have especially dropped by from MC5/SRB Heaven just to greet you.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:29 pm

ElRoi wrote:
studioguy wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
Now, if we could just get both performances completely remastered by one of these audio wizards...oh,what a wonderful year this would be.

This "Audio Wizard" has been recording bands for the last few days and can barely listen to any music at the moment!!. I hope to get to the re-master on Sat. It should be fun

If you do this, you will be building treasures in Stooges Heaven. Ron and Dave will meet you at the rusted gates with party favors when your time comes. Oh, and Fred "sonic" Smith will be there too. He will have especially dropped by from MC5/SRB Heaven just to greet you.

Let me know if you liked the last re-master as I will just use the saved settings on the remaining songs. It should only take 2-3 hours once I get started.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:34 pm

It sounded far better than the originals. Anything you do will be an improvement and since no one else has the intestinal fortitude to fully take on the challenge, we will praise your name for the effort.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Is the soundcheck from Örebro on this cd included too..?
Back to top Go down
stooge

stooge

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:24 am

Has anymore progress been made on this?
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:04 am

studioguy wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
studioguy wrote:
ElRoi wrote:

Let me know if you liked the last re-master as I will just use the saved settings on the remaining songs. It should only take 2-3 hours once I get started.

Hey studio,
Did you ever re-master the rest of those tracks and if so, did you upload them anywhere?
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:15 am

Here is the cover art I have:

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Sonic-1

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Sonic-2alt

Alternate tray:

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Sonic-2
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:49 am

Do you have this CD and if do, what is the sound like? Is it better than the two performances that make-up "European Rendezvous?" Or did you get it off of Dime recently?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:37 am

ElRoi wrote:
studioguy wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
studioguy wrote:
ElRoi wrote:

Hey studio,
Did you ever re-master the rest of those tracks and if so, did you upload them anywhere?

I got mega busy and forgot about it, I'll restart
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:07 am

That would be very awesome.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:12 am

ElRoi wrote:
Do you have this CD and if do, what is the sound like? Is it better than the two performances that make-up "European Rendezvous?" Or did you get it off of Dime recently?

I got it off dime quite some time ago. I'll have to do a little digging for it. Here is the info file:

Iggy Pop (backed by Sonic's Rendezvous Band)
Venue: Domino Club, Stockholm, SWE
Date: 24 May 1978

This is a sweet package! Iggy Pop, backed up by sonic's Rendezvous Band, on a short jaunt through Europe in the Spring of 1978.

This show took place at the Domino Club in Stockholm, Sweden on May 24th. The quality is pretty decent for what sounds like an audience recording.

01-Penetration
02-TV Eye
03-Kill City
04-The Endless Sea
05-Lust For Life
06-Curiosity
07-Girls
08-Beyond The Law
09-Gimme Danger
10-I Got A Right
11-Dirt
12-I Wanna Be Your Dog
13-One For My Baby
14-Cock In My Pocket

Iggy Pop: Vocals
Fred "Sonic" Smith: Guitar
Gary Rasmussen: Bass
Scott "Rock Action" Asheton: Drums
Scott Thurston: Rhythm Guitar & Keys
Scott Morgan: stuck in Ann Arbor while all this was going on

Lineage: Sony CD-R--->ripped to .wav w/CDex--->converted to .flac w/DBPowerAmp--->easytree--->your hard drive
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:22 am

If you could find the torrent file it would be great. I am searching now, but Dime's database search engine is rather weak.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:07 pm

ElRoi wrote:
If you could find the torrent file it would be great. I am searching now, but Dime's database search engine is rather weak.

I went up into the attic and found the disc! I'll try to upload it in the next day or two in lossless format. Do people here have a preference between Dime and zip files on my blog?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:23 pm

MJG196 wrote:
zip files on my blog?

Another advert brought to you by MJG196! Because sometimes a link to Megaupload just isn't enough!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
zip files on my blog?

Another advert brought to you by MJG196! Because sometimes a link to Megaupload just isn't enough!

Fuck it, never mind. I'll let GFE post it wherever he wants.

EDIT: That means GFE can find his copy and post it wherever he would like. I guess I am hassling too many people with my annoying blogs.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Dude, just post it anywhere. Why must we all suffer because of one persons remarks?
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:36 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Dude, just post it anywhere. Why must we all suffer because of one persons remarks?

Thanks for the support, Elroi. GFE seems to either a) have it out for me, or b) much like a 1st grade crush, has to pick at every post of mine.

I am working night shift tonight and will post it tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:39 pm

As a huge SRB and Stooges fan, I thank you.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:08 pm

MJG196 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
zip files on my blog?

Fuck it, never mind. I'll let GFE post it wherever he wants.

EDIT: That means GFE can find his copy and post it wherever he would like. I guess I am hassling too many people with my annoying blogs.

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 No10
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 pm

MJG196 wrote:
GFE seems to either a) have it out for me, or b) much like a 1st grade crush, has to pick at every post of mine.

c) Hates shameless advertising when no money or support goes to the forum which the mod has worked hard to build up
d) Thinks you shouldn't try and get page views for your blog knowing full well most people here don't have Dimeadozen, when everybody else here just puts up download links for nothing in return.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 am

G, F#, E wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
GFE seems to either a) have it out for me, or b) much like a 1st grade crush, has to pick at every post of mine.

c) Hates shameless advertising when no money or support goes to the forum which the mod has worked hard to build up
d) Thinks you shouldn't try and get page views for your blog knowing full well most people here don't have Dimeadozen, when everybody else here just puts up download links for nothing in return.

You should not have to be a member of the Stooges Forum to talk about/download Iggy. If I want to post it to my blog, THERE IS A SITE THAT NEVER GOES OUT, then I am going to link it here...as well as other sites. What YOU think really doesn't matter. I am passing along FOR FREE what was given to me and other netizens.

As for c) These forums are free. I run one of 'em. I know exactly what goes into 'em. Hell, I was the THIRD MEMBER HERE. If I remember correctly, I was the one who suggested freeforumboard.net as a great place for the forum. (HL will correct me on that if I'm wrong). I support it through donating scans, torrents, uploads, and posts. If HL needed funds to upgrade a server, all HL has to do is ask.

As for d) I really don't know what torrent sites people here belong to. Most everyone on the JOHNNY THUNDERS FORUM has a Dime account. THose that don't are supported through other means...they only need to ask. That is why I asked the members here. Where are YOU going to d/l it from? Dime or my blog, THERE IS A SITE THAT NEVER GOES OUT? I didn't see you offer it in any way, shape, or form.

It seems to me you are just a lonely, angry zit-faced guy who hides behind a computer screen. Chances are the high school football team dumped you into the garbage can more than once. It's okay to be angry. But when you are angry and take it out on others, that is when your true colors show...and Karma will always bite you on the ass.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 am

"Can't we all just get along?" Laughing
I just want to hear the music and will go to whatever site I have to in order to download it with great appreciation to whoever provides it.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:53 am

Ignoring, the "I'll fight criticism of my advertising with advertising" mentality you have and the long drawn out excuses which explain nothing you have done I'll try and explain. You are trying to get page views from this forum. As well as linking all your uploads through your blog you also have another blog linked in your signature making all of your posts an advertisement, you're basically spamming with the occasional useful comment sprinkled here and there. You can just upload these things to a normal file sharing site, like everyone else here does, without the need to have to access it through one of your blogs.

MJG196 wrote:

It seems to me you are just a lonely, angry zit-faced guy who hides behind a computer screen. Chances are the high school football team dumped you into the garbage can more than once. It's okay to be angry. But when you are angry and take it out on others, that is when your true colors show...and Karma will always bite you on the ass.

You seem to think I have something against you, I don't. I have something against your relentless advertising. I'm not an angry person I just don't tolerate shit and you are trying to piggyback off of another site's success. That is not right or fair. HL has worked long and hard to make this forum and continues to improve it, your three blogs are not Stooges related. You may have helped in the past but that has no bearing on what you’re doing now, it doesn’t entitle you to anything. A while ago somebody from a small record label wanted to advertise here, they weren't allowed to why should you be?

Personal insults are always funny, it’s a rainy day here in Scotland so I've been able to reply to your hilarious tantrums rather quickly. As for "zit faced" I am far from as several users on this forum who I know personally would confirm. As for the "high school football team" that was funny, if that is your idea of "cool" I have no idea what the fuck you're doing on a Stooges forum. Saying all that I liked that you tried to make "My Name Is Earl" threatening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next