Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston

Go down 
+13
mc
G, F#, E
stooge
tompa67
popmansam
Natalie
Dark Horse 77
TeddyB1018
citizensmurf
runningfromthepain
MJG196
studioguy
ElRoi
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:28 am

zenta138 wrote:
Thanks in advance for this. I'm geeked!

Ditto. There are so many of these rare gems that just float around in a totally unrefined, near un-listenable state forever.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:05 am

studioguy wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
If you know what key the song is supposed to be in and have a good enough ear to distinguish that key, then you should be able to get it pretty close. I assume most people do this by listening to the guitar and adjust the speed until the guitar notes are correct. Am I in the ballpark on this or not?

I think that's a good way to ballpark it...unless the guitar was outta tune! I am so familiar w/ Lou that I can just trust my ears.

That's the way I'm doing it, hopefully they tuned close to 440 and with a piano they probably are. Disk two was 7% fast and I'm done with that one. I'll get on to Disk one later tonight or tomorrow

7% sounds good. I slowed it down 8% some time back, quick and dirty in Audacity for my iTunes and it sounds a hair slow to me now.

As for EA owning tapes, what does everyone think of Mainman reproducing all those bootlegs and semi-official bootlegs verbatim and selling downloads on Amazon UK? Was it Perdu who posted that Mainman claimed to own any Iggy material for several years after Raw Power? As they never paid him, it seems bogus to me. I wonder if it's really Mainman and, if so, are Iggy and or/James going to sue them? They're even selling Kill City as "Lucky Monkeys".
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:13 pm

MJG196 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
So Carlton told you you could post a recording his company owns on your blog rather than buy his product?

I didn't stutter, did I? Read the post above your last.

MJ I'm sure you have justified this to yourself, but however you look at it, if someone downloads Mainman Rejects and doesn't buy whatever current authorised release has those tracks on it, then the Stooges are losing royalties.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:44 pm

studioguy wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
If you know what key the song is supposed to be in and have a good enough ear to distinguish that key, then you should be able to get it pretty close. I assume most people do this by listening to the guitar and adjust the speed until the guitar notes are correct. Am I in the ballpark on this or not?

I think that's a good way to ballpark it...unless the guitar was outta tune! I am so familiar w/ Lou that I can just trust my ears.

That's the way I'm doing it, hopefully they tuned close to 440 and with a piano they probably are. Disk two was 7% fast and I'm done with that one. I'll get on to Disk one later tonight or tomorrow

One question I could never get an answer to, is whether pitch correction does anything to degrade the recording. During the pitch-correction processing (I have always used Peak 4), the track is reanalyzed and reprocessed. Does that do anything negative to the recording? Granted, human ears may not be able to tell, but was just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 pm

MJG196 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
It's not very fair on Carlton, the president of EA to go posting downloads he legeally owns the rights to. Easy Action are an independent company, who keep releasing great Stooges material, so support them.

As I said, he was notified about the post and there were no objections. If he said no it would not be there now.

MJG196 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
So Carlton told you you could post a recording his company owns on your blog rather than buy his product?

I didn't stutter, did I? Read the post above your last.

Hey MJG196, I took it upon myself to verify this and promptly emailed Easy Action.

Quote :
Hi Carlton

I'm emailing to tell you that a poster on the Stooges Forum who goes by the MJG196 is claiming that you said it was ok for him to upload a recording of a gig that is on your "Where The Faces Shine Volume 1" set to his blog which he is linking to Stooges fans. I was wondering if this is actually true as it sounds suspicious. Especially since it would be almost all Iggy fans who'd see it.

Kind regards,
Rory

And Carlton was kind enough to reply.

Quote :
Hi Rory many thanks for this .

At NO point have we ever allowed ANYONRE to upload ANY of our material . All the material in our boxes is legally owned by easy action & Iggy Pop . we are NOT merely bootleggers or any such thing . What we do costs us alot of money and we pay everyone involved and we have contracts in place for all this material . ANYONE uploading our material and sharing files is in breach of the law in any country !

we are only a small company and exist by providing our customers with great product . if people dont support us and try to get away with sligh shit like this we will be gone and there will be no one to put this stuff out .

all our material is available for download as we have exclusive contract for this with cargo digital who make it available worldwide .

tell the lying little shit to stop immediately

Carlton sandercock

I’d remove that download link if I were you. As a great man once said, you’re a lying little shit.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 pm

MJG196 wrote:
studioguy wrote:
MJG196 wrote:
ElRoi wrote:

One question I could never get an answer to, is whether pitch correction does anything to degrade the recording. During the pitch-correction processing (I have always used Peak 4), the track is reanalyzed and reprocessed. Does that do anything negative to the recording? Granted, human ears may not be able to tell, but was just curious.

It probably would if you used a lot on a VERY pristine studio recording. In the studio I've only used it on a separate track to add some sort of weird effect, same with pitch shifting. This recording you won't hear anything but improvement! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

MJG196, I really do think that you should do what Carlton wants you do to. Delete the illegal links.

You advertise your blog on this site which has that illegal download which makes me look bad, even though I buy all the EA releases. So, either remove the illegal download from your blog, or stop advertising your blog on this site (which would mean take the link out of your sig and your posts).

I think that EA have released fantastic Stooges stuff over the years, and its not fair on them.

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 pm

heavy liquid wrote:
MJG196, I really do think that you should do what Carlton wants you do to. Delete the illegal links.

You advertise your blog on this site which has that illegal download which makes me look bad, even though I buy all the EA releases. So, either remove the illegal download from your blog, or stop advertising your blog on this site (which would mean take the link out of your sig and your posts).

I think that EA have released fantastic Stooges stuff over the years, and its not fair on them.

HL, I talked to Carlton yesterday - the blog has been updated. It
doesn't make you look bad because I sent him an email explaining the whole situation prior to this and he is fine with how I went about it. He was fine with it. GFE, no need to publicize your private email and his response, as I already knew. And as soon as I found out the Iggy/SRB show was legit, I even said I needed to "reevaluate" posting the show, and I never did. That was the end of the discussion. As with anything I post on this site (as I am very familiar with freeforumboard policies), I believe everything I post is 100% OK - either permission has been granted or a legit release is unknown. If someone lets me know otherwise, it is taken down.

UPDATED BLOG POST
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 pm

No there was a need as I was unaware that you two had talked this out, it was also proof that you had explicitly lied in your last posts. Although there were "no objections" you didn't get any approval either. The "situation prior to this" was about your advertising, so hold no bearing on you breaking copyright laws and depriving The Stooges of royalties. Your new blog post has nothing to do with this thread, so linking it is just more stupid advertising.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 pm

MJG196 wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:

HL, I talked to Carlton yesterday - the blog has been updated. It
doesn't make you look bad because I sent him an email explaining the whole situation prior to this and he is fine with how I went about it. He was fine with it. GFE, no need to publicize your private email and his response, as I already knew. And as soon as I found out the Iggy/SRB show was legit, I even said I needed to "reevaluate" posting the show, and I never did. That was the end of the discussion. As with anything I post on this site (as I am very familiar with freeforumboard policies), I believe everything I post is 100% OK - either permission has been granted or a legit release is unknown. If someone lets me know otherwise, it is taken down.

UPDATED BLOG POST

Carlton called you a "lying little shit" though, so I doubt he would have been "fine with it"...

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:14 am

G, F#, E wrote:
No there was a need as I was unaware that you two had talked this out, it was also proof that you had explicitly lied in your last posts. Although there were "no objections" you didn't get any approval either. The "situation prior to this" was about your advertising, so hold no bearing on you breaking copyright laws and depriving The Stooges of royalties. Your new blog post has nothing to do with this thread, so linking it is just more stupid advertising.

What's really funny is that the "email" you posted here is distinctly different than my copy (I was bcc'd).

From now on when you alter emails and post here, be sure that the target of your attacks wasn't copied on it and can call you out.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:45 am

MJG196 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

What's really funny is that the "email" you posted here is distinctly different than my copy (I was bcc'd).

From now on when you alter emails and post here, be sure that the target of your attacks wasn't copied on it and can call you out.

Excuse me but I do not take kindly to being called a liar even if you are one. Here are some screen captures. Next time you make accusations try and at least make them believable. For a believer in karma you sure are a weasel.

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Servim10

But if you reackon that's edited ask Carlton for my email.

MJG196 wrote:
As I said, he was notified about the post and there were no objections. If he said no it would not be there now.

You SAID that Carlton gave no objections to you posting it AFTER you said you'd "reevaluate" it.

I never went on your blog but by that post you made it clear that the upload of the Rendevous gig was up there.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:55 am

I can take screenshots, too, buddy. I work in the field and am very familiar with it all.

EDIT: I never posted the gig to the blog. EVER. Not one person here downloaded from there, let alone saw it, becasue it never happened. So, in fact YOU lied to Carlton in your initial email.

Why not tell us about the following email? I'm looking at it right now.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 am

MJG196 wrote:
I can take screenshots, too, buddy. I work in the field and am very familiar with it all.

I will ask Carlton to email you my original message then. Since your on first name terms with him that should be enough. It's kind of funny, you've been caught out lying and you're now saying I'm faking emails and now I'm faking screenshots. I don't know what "I work in the field means", you press the "PrtSc" key then paste it to MS paint for a living?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:05 am

MJG196 wrote:

EDIT: I never posted the gig to the blog. EVER. Not one person here downloaded from there, let alone saw it, becasue it never happened. So, in fact YOU lied to Carlton in your initial email.

Why not tell us about the following email? I'm looking at it right now.

Hi MJG196, I've emailed Carlton who will hopefully email you them. You said in your post that if he had objections "it would not be there now", implying the upload was on your blogs. I got 2 emails from Carlton, one earlier today which I posted and another where he said he'd talked to you and it had all been worked out. I didn't lie, I just told him what you said, but I guessd you never lied as Carlton had no initial objections. He just didn't agree to it at all.

Take care sweet pea
Rory

Last edited by G, F#, E on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down
davidh

davidh

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:40 pm

What the fuck is up with you two?
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 pm

davidh wrote:

Really. I started this thread in an effort to benefit Iggy and SRB fans by asking someone who knows what they are doing to please clean-up some bootleg recordings. Could this argument be taken to another thread, please?
Back to top Go down
zenta138

zenta138

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Well, I'm still geeked to hear it.
Standing by...
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:05 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Could this argument be taken to another thread, please?

I'd rather it end. The only way it looks like it will, is if I close the thread, so thats what I'm gonna do.

ElRoi wrote:
davidh wrote:

Really. I started this thread in an effort to benefit Iggy and SRB fans by asking someone who knows what they are doing to please clean-up some bootleg recordings.

You can start another topic in reguards to this. Hopefully it doesnt get hijacked.

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston   European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4