Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action new Stooges

Go down 
+51
comaman
popmansam
regufr
dorianmode
Rode Hard
Blitzkid
sheddy
dtklamf
Rob Gallucci
people
theclarkness
jerrythebarman
Funhousehideaway#2
nick
Aku
mark
Stranger09
ggriffin
effectfreak
Donald
cb
larry fine
citizensmurf
sweet_sixteen
TeddyB1018
neven
trailerborn
Garageman
Loose1969
iggy-fan
Borntohula
Shakes
heavy liquid
TED
Iguanas
napalm_cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
pernil
Nitebob
soldier
Luzern
JW82
the5thramone37
dynamite boogie
Monger
23rd Express
adams66
Nadja
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm 95% certain it's the same show as the VH1 footage. I distinctly remember Dave Alexander wearing a black t-shirt , Iggy sliding down the mike-stand and an extended sequence of Iggy mixing it up with a seated crowd. I've seen snippets of this VH1 footage before, but not enough to make the connection prior to today.

If this is the same concert, rest assured that the complete show was fimed and is about minutes in length. Still don't know if the audio exists.

Hard to believe that the crowd could remain seated for this stuff. But they were all 'collegiate blues-worshippers', as Iggy would say.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:39 pm

My last post should say '20 to 30' minutes in length.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:51 pm

That's great news 20-30 minutes of Stooges! Imagine if there was sound as well!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:16 pm

mc wrote:
That's great news 20-30 minutes of Stooges! Imagine if there was sound as well!

wow - that'd be too much drunken

thanks again for your info trailerborn! I'm really all excited now! Very Happy
(even if the whole footage never ACTUALLY turns up)
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:18 am

I don't care if theres no sound. Just watching the footage would be enough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:21 am

tack a DVD onto the new boxset? wouldnt that be sick!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:07 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I don't care if theres no sound. Just watching the footage would be enough Very Happy

well I certainly wouldn't want the likes of 'Search and Destroy' playing over it again.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:24 pm

G, F#, E wrote:

Very true! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://stoogesforum.forumotion.com
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:13 pm

mc wrote:
trailerborn wrote:
Add me to the chorus of 'pleeeease be something from '71'. I won't believe it till I have it in my hands. Then I'm breaking out the good scotch.

And whatever happened to the VIDEO of an entire 1970 Chicago(?) concert that supposedly turned up in the estate of Danny Sugerman? It was shot from the audience at a club (not festival) gig, but the audio & video were both deemed good enough at the time for release. Anyone know anything?

Could it be the Youtube footage on the "Iggy on VH1" thread - have a look at that.
no because it has no sound,it's 8 or 16mm film,about 20minutes all together,owned by someone in chicago
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:20 pm

They just dubbed sound over the top of it.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:54 pm

I don't have access to the bootleg thread (not enough posts I guess), but I wanted to report on comparing the St. Louis Adolescent Nightmare torrent to my CD-R of the Factory gig. They sound different. For my ears, the new torrent has been EQ'd differently to the original tape. Someone mentioned it sounded like a cassette with the dolby switch left off, and that's possible, or an old XLII played back on the one setting. More likely, it's just been transferred with new EQ. Mine has a lot more bass guitar and guitar midrange power. On the new torrent, which sounds pretty clean, the vocals are boosted a bit but the bass suffers. There's some slightly different edits too. There's several second more crowd noise on my CD-R before I Got A Right. The dropouts are all present on my CD-R incidentially. I haven't checked any of this against the old '71 CD. In general, whoever has done this transfer or remastering has done a nice clean job, but I slightly prefer the original CD-R for its power. Hopefully if they are using the show on the new box, some mastering engineer will find the proper tweak for both.
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:03 pm

So is there any timeframe as to when all these 1971 recordings will be coming out? It really does seem almost mythical that something this important could be hidden away for so long!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 am

March maybe

Last edited by mc on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm

i dunno what this means but easyaction have taken the line about there being something in march away from the news section where i think it was
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Yeah it has! I hope they're still going through with it.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:54 am

Yeah,i noticed that too...does anyone here who has any juice with EA have any idea whats going on? delayed? shelved? (hope not!)
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 am

it better not ahve been cancelled/delayed or i gunna go nuts, all this talk has made me crazy for it, it has to come out, maybe Easyaction didnt like us talking about it or something
Back to top Go down
citizensmurf

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:03 am

This is great news all around. I've been a Stooges freak for around 14 years now and I've got my hands on just about every non-redundant Stooges cd available. I loved the Heavy Liquid box, and just recently got the SRB box so anything else from Easy Action is welcome, especially 1971 stuff. The only thing I've heard from this era is the Kiel show, and the twin guitar sound is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:39 pm

we're gettin into march now, hope we hear something soon

is that whole viva le punk thing on the easyaction website a hack or is there something wrong with it, its all over the news column thing, repeated stuff, dunno what thats about

hope we hear something soon though, gettin worried in case it fell through or something
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
we're gettin into march now, hope we hear something soon
hope we hear something soon though, gettin worried in case it fell through or something

From what I've been told it has not fallen through. There should be some ordering info "soon" and what little I know about the actual release I've been asked to keep to myself. Sorry for being cryptic, but I will say that at least one of the shows in the set is one I've been waiting to hear for a while.

I also know from a source not at Easy Action that the Ungano's tape is not included but could show up elsewhere in the future.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:33 am

phew!

thanks Larry, thats just what i needed to hear!

cant wait, wonder what soon means lol

and good to hear unganos is still i the mix, for whenever

thanks again
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:14 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
wonder what soon means lol

and good to hear unganos is still i the mix

I'm not sure exactly what soon means in this context either. I hope it means March, as originally intended.

As for Ungano's - I'm working on a chance to hear the tape but haven't get anything concrete yet. Will report back if it happens.
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:59 am

I emailed Easy Action about 2 weeks ago and recieved an email today saying that a statement will be anounced "very soon"........and with that said, im very anxious!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:39 pm

the5thramone37 wrote:
I emailed Easy Action about 2 weeks ago and recieved an email today saying that a statement will be anounced "very soon"........and with that said, im very anxious!

ooh thanks for that 5thRamone! gettin excited, as long as i know its still on, im alright lol
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:22 am

I got the same reply....fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action new Stooges   Easy Action new Stooges - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action new Stooges
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next