Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What if Williamson rejoined?

Go down 
+53
Aku
studioguy
gazatthebop
saichan
iggy-fan
damned
TONY58
sweet_sixteen
cb
mark
Stranger09
kristiconlan
Garageman
Rode Hard
Rob Gallucci
jpod
Borntohula
napalm_cheetah
the5thramone37
TED
scott
MJG196
hudsterbuoy
Warren Piss
hudsterboy
mc
Paddy08
soldier
Iguanas
jimmyo
Shakes
JW82
elvis plebsley
popmansam
Peter Amsterdam
Lucas
Loose1969
heavy liquid
webmaster@iggy-pop.com
Radish
seventeen
trailerborn
world's forgotten boy
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
dorianmode
Paul T
Donald
dt
G, F#, E
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
larry fine
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 pm

yeh, well ive never read houellebacq myself so with iggy connected to him now im sure he'll be a favouriet lol

looking forward, we need good news in this terrible time, just goes to show the resilience of the stooges, as a legacy almost, that although theyve been destroyed now with Rons passing, iggys got this soundtrack coming out, and (hopefully) easyactions 1971 boxset, good to see it doesnt just end
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

well an existentialist writer doesn't sound too cheering to be honest

don't think there was much doubt that Iggy would continue, and of course there's always going to be a Stooges legacy.
I just wonder about Scott...
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:15 pm

Hopefully Scott will be given the chance to be in Iggy's backing band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:16 pm

can imagine that Scott can't touch the sticks for a while.

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
yeh, well ive never read houellebacq
myself so with iggy connected to him now im sure he'll be a favouriet
lol
guess it's rather the other way around; that iggy will get more famous with and connected to a nowadays nihilistic (or existentialistic?) literary group. Houellebecq is very very celebrated in Europe.... for the time being.

Last edited by ZinZin on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm in the minority and no disrespect to Ron's memory is intended, but I wouldn't begrudge the surviving members the name The Stooges. The unlikely event of Williamson rejoining would be the most legitimate way to claim "And the Stooges" I guess. I think they deserve the extra money that the name gets them. I'm not so worried about Iggy's finances, but whatever helps Scott pay his bills is cool with me.

Having said that, a name change, particularly if they could lay claim to another part of their iconic past, might be a more palatable compromise. How about "Raw Power" as a band name? Or maybe, to get the message across would they need to do something like, "Iggy & the Raw Power"?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:27 pm

sorry zin, i meant he'l be a favourite of mine, though whatever gets the name out is good

- also, "raw power" soudns like a tribute band, duno if i'd want that, they should contine as stooges if they want, i dont think they should stop doing that, i just think they wont, in one of the things mike watt said, it was very much ''well i had a good time with a great guy, time to move on" kinda thing, so i'd imagine, at least from his end, its over
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:36 pm

elvis plebsley wrote:
Having said that, a name change, particularly if they could lay claim to another part of their iconic past, might be a more palatable compromise. How about "Raw Power" as a band name? Or maybe, to get the message across would they need to do something like, "Iggy & the Raw Power"?

Iggy And The Forgotten Boys?

Iggy And The Sick Boys?

Iggy And The Dum Dum Boys?

Iggy And The Street-Walkin' Cheetahs?

Jus realised how many times Iggy mentions "boys" in the lyrics to his songs. Laughing

They all sound pretty cheesy to me.

Last edited by G, F#, E on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 pm

nah its "iggy pop" or "the stooges" or "iggy and the stooges"

everything else just sounds like a tribute band, and i'd hate if it ended up like iggy and the dogs
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:45 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
"raw power" soudns like a tribute band, duno if i'd want that, they should contine as stooges if they want...

ack, forgot about the curse of the tribute act. I agree with your second point and that it's likely all over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:37 pm

i'm getting convinced too > it's all over Sad
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:40 pm

I really think it is over. The gigs being cancelled just explained it all. Personally, I think this is the right thing to do and I hope Iggy gives Scott and Steve the choice to be in his backing band because I think Iggy will undoubtably continue to perform.

It was great while it lasted. Thanks Ron, Iggy, Scott, Mike and Steve for the frankly mindblowing 5 years. The show at Leeds was the highlight of my life so far.

Thank you.

RIP Stooges
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 pm

yeh.. it's good they decided this
I just would really like to hear a clear word on this
of one of the guys.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 pm

G, F#, E wrote:

Iggy And The Sick Boys?

No offense (at ladies) but:

Iggy and the Fresh Rags LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

G, F#, E wrote:
Hopefully Scott will be given the chance to be in Iggy's backing band.

Indeed. Iggy certainly won't find anyone better anyway.

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

Iggy And The Sick Boys?

No offense (at ladies) but:

Iggy and the Fresh Rags LOL Very Happy

Laughing

How about "Cocks In The Pockets"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
How about "Cocks In The Pockets"?

Oh yeah -> that's pretty masculine Smile Now let Iggy choose the proper name..or use 2 at different times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:59 pm

If we're throwing these names about how about "Iggy And The Incubator Babies" after the "Head On" Line?
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 am

G, F#, E wrote:
If we're throwing these names about how about "Iggy And The Incubator Babies" after the "Head On" Line?

Or Iggy and His Rubber Legs (the backing band) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:29 am

Paul T wrote:
I heard there's an intriguing Iggy album on the way.... nothing like the Stooges...

Very cool. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 am

Why does it always have to be "Iggy and"??? Why can't they just be called something without having "Iggy" in the band name??? Is it so people know that he is in the band, or what?

Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:26 am

Basically yes. At almost all the shows the reformed Stooges played it was advertised as "Iggy And The Stooges", Iggy Pop is a far bigger name than "The Stooges".
I've heard of a few people who when going to see the gig where "Fun House" was played in its entireity asking if Iggy Pop would be there because it was billed as "The Stooges". Which is a real shame but for the reformed Stooges.
But Iggy always made sure they mentioned the name "Stooges" in promotion unlike 1973 and 1974 gigs where they were often billed as "Iggy" or "Iggy Pop". Though Iggy's always called them "The Stooges" and reffered to himself as "a Stooge" when playing with them.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:47 am

out of the three tickets i have for the first three shows i went to, two say iggy & the stooges, one says the stooges.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 am

G, F#, E wrote:

I've heard of a few people who when going to see the gig where "Fun House" was played in its entireity asking if Iggy Pop would be there because it was billed as "The Stooges". Which is a real shame but for the reformed Stooges.

WTF? Are they fucking retarded?!?!

Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:07 am

both mine say Iggy & The Stooges
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:25 am

interesting discussion...

i think iggy continuing to perform is a no-brainer...

he'll perform, again, period!

it doesn't really matter what he calls it, or, who plays with him. if anybody from the most recent version of the stooges wants along for the ride, great. if not, life goes on.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:42 am

heavy liquid wrote:
Why does it always have to be "Iggy and"??? Why can't they just be called something without having "Iggy" in the band name??? Is it so people know that he is in the band, or what?

Valid question.

Why not "Scott Asheton's Rubber Legs"? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if Williamson rejoined?   What if Williamson rejoined? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if Williamson rejoined?
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next